No spark help! 1995 yj 4.0 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > No spark help! 1995 yj 4.0

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
Max121

No spark help! 1995 yj 4.0

1995 4.0 Auto
I have replaced the CAPs in the ECM also have a 2nd ECM. Coil & CPS is new. Fuel PSI was tested all checks out. Grounds are all good and cleaned also add some to make sure was not grounding issue.

Seems when temp changes I have this issue. Was very warm and humid got cool over night seemed to be moister under the hood Cranks over just no spark.

Few times its started hard like timing was advanced but that has only happened a few times.

Never has a issue once its running and after 1st start seems no to have the issue again unless it sits over night or more.

I swap ECMs this A.M. did not help.

Could I (hot wire the coil) just run 12v to input of the coil to force spark?
Was also thinking maybe getting another CPS maybe new one was faulty?

Put a face to the crime

Max121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Check your codes:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...codes-1257145/

Hey Max. This is the deal. You need to see where you are getting power at in the system. You have a pickup sensor in the distributor that tells the system when to fire the spark. The first 2 things you replaced made sense but it looks like your pickup is bad. You can replace it by pulling the distributor and putting one in or they sell the distributor and sensor as a unit for around $80.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
Max121

Que89YJ..
Thank you for the help once again! lol I will put a new pickup in tonight see what happens... Keep ya posted!
Unread 05-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Check the codes first!
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
Max121

There were a lot of codes lol I swapped the old ECM in after installing the new sensor everything seems to work great again.
Thanks for help you the man!!!!

Tags
no spark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.