No spark - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > No spark

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-28-2010, 06:06 AM   #1
osmondmark
1992 YJ Wrangler 

No spark

My 1992 Jeep YJ 2.5L will not start. I checked for spark and the plugs and there is none. I also took a test light and checked for power before and after the coil while cranking the engine and there is none there either.

I tried to use the check engine light to get some codes but the light doesn't even come on. As well I cannot hear the fuel pump cycle when the key is first turned on.

I was told by this forum to take the computer apart and check to see if there is anything there and I never noticed anything besides minor corrosion on top of one of the compactors. I mean like maybe 35% covered.

I cant get a mechanic to come take a look at it so I am stuck figuring this one out on my own.

Any help would be great!

Thanks a lot.

osmondmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
teaser73
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I was going down the road and my jeep died on the spot. I had no spark and no code light. My fuel pump would not kick on when I turned the key. I replaced the cam position sensor in the distributor and the crankshaft position sensor on the bell housing. I still had no luck. It turned out to be a corroded ground wire to the computer. I hope that fixes you up.
Due to recent budget cuts, high unemployment and the rising costs of food, electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, and the overall state of the union, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience.
teaser73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Check all your fuses if they are good then X2 cranksensor.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.