No power anywhere!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > No power anywhere!!!

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 08-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
AccountingDawg
1988 YJ Wrangler 

No power anywhere!!!

Having trouble. Turn the key and get nothing. Every once in a while I will get one dash Lightroom come on hear a click but most times I get nothing. Think my problem may be in this relay but not sure what it even is. It's on the firewall right bedside the battery. Thick red wire runs to positive terminal on the battery. Any help?

image-2234909829.jpg

AccountingDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
atldude
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Had this happen to me before, turned out i needed to clean the terminal and the cables and everything was back to normal.
atldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Do you have one of these?

YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
ferriolom
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the early YJ electrical system.
That relay you suspect is the starter solenoid, but it's also so much more! It's also the hub for almost every electrical connection in the jeep...
ferriolom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
jred
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I've been having the same problem sporadically. My issue is a corroding battery ground wire. I get out, wiggle the wire, then it works for a couple of weeks. I'll swap it out sometime soon.
jred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
AccountingDawg
1988 YJ Wrangler 

So shortly after posting this, I guess I wiggled the right wire somewhere. She fired right up and has been fine ever since. Guess I will be doing a good looking over of all the wiring to be sure I don't have some wires shorting out somewhere.
AccountingDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.