No Power - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > No Power

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 04-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #16
disarm6565
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I jumped the battery to the body with some jumper cables, still nothing. I have power at my alternator and starter.

Unread 04-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #17
disarm6565
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So when I was under the hood looking at the PDC, I am definitely missing the fuel pump relay (and the abs relay but no abs) I know the abs relay was NEVER there. Is it possible someone stole my fuel pump relay? could this cause the whole jeep not to have power?
Unread 04-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #18
ziebartrob
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Have you checked that main ground yet? Really sounds like a central sort of problem like that since you have no power at all.
Unread 04-14-2010, 12:30 PM   #19
disarm6565
1993 YJ Wrangler 

By main ground I assume you mean the black wire from my battery to the engine block? That was the first thing I replaced. I really don't think I'm getting any power to the PDC.
Unread 04-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #20
ziebartrob
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry, I missed that. There is red batter cable size hot going to the PDC, on my 91 the cable was almost broke in half at the terminal ring causing similiar issues. Might give that a check as well.
Unread 04-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #21
RebuildRookie
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by disarm6565 View Post
So when I was under the hood looking at the PDC, I am definitely missing the fuel pump relay (and the abs relay but no abs) I know the abs relay was NEVER there. Is it possible someone stole my fuel pump relay? could this cause the whole jeep not to have power?
You said you couldnt hear the fuel pump kick on? Well it wont, as your probably already aware, without the Fuel Pump Relay. Start there and see what happens. Since you know for sure that is a problem.
And you keep the terrorists in check before you get your *** blowed off.[/B][/FONT]
RebuildRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #22
RebuildRookie
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
By main ground I assume you mean the black wire from my battery to the engine block? That was the first thing I replaced. I really don't think I'm getting any power to the PDC.
How about the block to the firewall?
And you keep the terrorists in check before you get your *** blowed off.[/B][/FONT]
RebuildRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #23
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Drove to work on Thursday, got back to the Jeep after work and it has no power. I tried to pop start it, nothing. I tried to jump it, nothing. I replaced the battery and terminal cables, nothing. All fuses look fine. Starter/solenoid about a year old. Oh and by no power I don't mean it won't start, I mean there is absolutely no power anywhere.
I have to say, it would be fairly easy to go through and clean the grounds up and costs nothing. I thought though that if you have no lights when you turn the key that indicated a computer problem?
Unread 04-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #24
disarm6565
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I just don't understand how a fuel pump relay goes missing. I really don't think I ever had one there because I seem to remember always missing two relays. I really can't remember. Does anyone else definitely not have theirs?

The ground to the firewall is also fine, I even tried to jump it with a jumper cable to check.
Unread 04-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #25
disarm6565
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So, I'm well...oblivious. The missing relay belonged to the ABS pump, not the fuel pump. I don't have ABS so no issue there. All the wire going into the PDC look good. I was told by someone that there should be a main fuse that powers everything (they guy at NAPA pointed to a fuseable link but couldn't find it in the computer so I'm not sure it exists) Anyone know anything about this? Supposedly its a fuse that blows if you hook up the battery wrong to protect everything else in the circuit.
Unread 04-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #26
disarm6565
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Found my problem, check out this thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/c...ything-923863/

I jumped a wire straight from my battery to that the terminal on the PDC and everything works. Now I just gotta find out what happened to that wire because it is definitely not there.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.