No heat after oil change. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > No heat after oil change.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
YorkPAYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

No heat after oil change.

I recently purchased a new to me 91 6 cylinder YJ, and decided to change the oil in it, also changed the air filter. The old oil filter was on VERY tight and took a bit of wrenching and cussing to get off. Finished the oil change and while driving to work realized the heater no longer blows hot air, but the fan is still working on all settings just no hot air. My question is there something near the oil filter I could have hit that could be causing this. And this morning before the oil change while running around the heater was working.

YorkPAYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Can't think of anything. Is your thermostat working? Was the jeep warmed up well ? Jeep heaters are pretty basic, you have a hot water line going in the firewall into the heater core (is this line hot to the touch?) it comes back out (maybe a little cooler). You have flaps inside the jeep heater housing, check that your flaps are opening and closing when you move your heater lever, you should hear them moving open and closed.
Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
YorkPAYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

The lever inside didnt seem to have much resistance when moving and couldnt really hear anything opening or closing so I will have to check that out when I get off in the morning thanks.
YorkPAYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

The heater one is back towards the firewall in front of the gear shift. It has a cable and plastic piece holding it to a L shaped lever. If the cable came off the flap won't direct the hot air.
Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.