No heat after oil change. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-01-2013, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
YorkPAYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

No heat after oil change.

I recently purchased a new to me 91 6 cylinder YJ, and decided to change the oil in it, also changed the air filter. The old oil filter was on VERY tight and took a bit of wrenching and cussing to get off. Finished the oil change and while driving to work realized the heater no longer blows hot air, but the fan is still working on all settings just no hot air. My question is there something near the oil filter I could have hit that could be causing this. And this morning before the oil change while running around the heater was working.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Reno72
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Can't think of anything. Is your thermostat working? Was the jeep warmed up well ? Jeep heaters are pretty basic, you have a hot water line going in the firewall into the heater core (is this line hot to the touch?) it comes back out (maybe a little cooler). You have flaps inside the jeep heater housing, check that your flaps are opening and closing when you move your heater lever, you should hear them moving open and closed.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-01-2013, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
YorkPAYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

The lever inside didnt seem to have much resistance when moving and couldnt really hear anything opening or closing so I will have to check that out when I get off in the morning thanks.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Reno72
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

The heater one is back towards the firewall in front of the gear shift. It has a cable and plastic piece holding it to a L shaped lever. If the cable came off the flap won't direct the hot air.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.