No heat - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > No heat

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 02-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #1
RacecaR

No heat

As I was driving to work yesterday afternoon, it usually takes a few minutes to get the heat going. But it never heated up, and the vents just blew cold air the whole way. Can anyone tell me where to look first so I can fix it??

RacecaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #2
jbars
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Look under the dash as you slide the heater control cables to make sure a cable has not come off the heater. First place I would check.. good luck
jbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2006, 03:12 PM   #3
RacecaR

i checked and i saw a cable for the off,defroster,heat,vent lever and it still worked ; but i didnt see one for the warm cold lever (if there even is one)...btw the jeep is a 95 if that has anything to do with it
Unread 02-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
paintguy

if you look just above the passenger side floor area -- right under the dash -- a big black box comes out and there is a linkage and hook-up there -- this is what your "hot/cold" lever attaches to and should move and open and close the air/heat coming from the heater core -- check it out -- they easily can come unhooked and then you have no heat!
Keep us posted on what you find!
paintguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
RacecaR

hey paintguy, you were exactly right, the linkage was just unhooked. thanks a lot for your help
Unread 02-12-2006, 10:43 AM   #6
paintguy

you're welcome! -- just tell your passengers to keep their feet under control over there!!
paintguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.