No Gauges! Well, the Clock Works.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > No Gauges! Well, the Clock Works....

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-25-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
USMC_JeepGuy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

No Gauges! Well, the Clock Works....

So after I finished plumbing the new motor and got it fired up I now have no gauges but the clock and lights all work. I have checked: sending unit connections, engine compartment wiring, and I didn't mess with any under dash anything during the build (it worked when I started this). Also, I know I didn't mess with anything near the fuel tank or gauge and that doesn't work either. Speedo is mechanical and should be working unless I meesed up the install on the new gear.... So why don't I have any gauges? Is there a ground somewhere that I missed, that would make sense for all to go out? (clock is on a different circuit) Does the missing computer have anything to do with it, I don't think it matters, I mean, even after a nutter you still have gauges right? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

USMC_JeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Did the gauges work before the engine swap?

Check to be sure there is power on the White/Black wire going to the gauge cluster with the key ON. It provides power to all but the clock.

See if the tach works and if the BRAKE light works with the e-brake light is on as these have the same power feed as the gauge cluster.
Check the fuzes if these are non-functional.
kloppk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
USMC_JeepGuy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloppk View Post
Did the gauges work before the engine swap?

Check to be sure there is power on the White/Black wire going to the gauge cluster with the key ON. It provides power to all but the clock.

See if the tach works and if the BRAKE light works with the e-brake light is on as these have the same power feed as the gauge cluster.
Check the fuzes if these are non-functional.
Everything worked before the engine swap. No tach either and, uh, which light is the BRAKE light, my panel is missing.... But all fuses seem to be o.k.
USMC_JeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.