no fuel after weber installed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > no fuel after weber installed

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Tweaks at JeepHutJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 02-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
bluedaffy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

no fuel after weber installed

I just installed my brand new weber 32/36 today and hooked everything up (I believe correctly) but I have not yet nuttered it. I DO plan on nuttering it tomorrow. I tried to start it after swapping the carbs, and it did not start, this did not concern me very much because I have a lot of vac line stripping and nuttering to do before the weber will perform correctly... I know this. What concerned me was the carb wasn't receiving fuel AT ALL, I will be installing a fuel regulator before I start driving in the spring but that shouldn't keep the carb dry when trying to start should it?

I seriously don't understand this at all. There was no sign of any fuel delivery problem before I swapped carbs. And believe me I turned it over a lot trying to start it, I def gave it enough time. What's the deal? What would keep even a drop of fuel from getting to the carb?

bluedaffy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
4.7stroker
1988 YJ Wrangler 

You should not need a FPR, just keep the return style fuel filter. You will not over pressure with it and it will keep a variable out of the system.
As far as no fuel goes, are you sure you have the supply and not the fuel return hooked up to the carb?
Will it fire if you give it a little squirt of gas down the throat of the carb?

Dwayne
4.7stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
bluedaffy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Fixed. I took your advice and put a bit of fuel down the throat, it was all it needed! It ran like Sh** but I expected that until I finish the nutter. Thanks
bluedaffy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaffy View Post
Fixed. I took your advice and put a bit of fuel down the throat, it was all it needed! It ran like Sh** but I expected that until I finish the nutter. Thanks
well, I was gonna mention there may be no fuel in the lines(at least close to the carb) from doing the swap. When I was doing my swap, I kept a can of starter fluid close by. Definitely helpful. Glad you got it figured out though.

Tags
carb , fuel , fuel problem , swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.