No fire, No start? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > No fire, No start?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #16
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

41 is alt. Field. What about coil voltage with ign. on?

Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #17
Goat7

Ok so i was getting no power at all from the coil after all the tests. A friend of mine is a jeep guy and he said he had an extra cam pos sensor and i tried it and BOOM she started hahah i cant believe a part like that shut everything down hahaha. She started but is running full rich so i gues im onto the next problem haha thanks for all the help it amazes me how good you guys are with this stuff. Thanks again for the help
Goat7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #18
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

That was the crank sensor wasn't it? Running rich is a cracked exhaust manifold, bad o2 sensor, our fuel pressure too high.
Unread 11-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #19
Goat7

No it is the sensor in the distributer cap i woukd normally call it a pick up coil but im not sure what it is actually called hahaha. Any checks for that 02 sensor ot should i just get a new one?
Goat7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #20
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The first thing to check is the exhaust manifold by the collector tubes for cracks and the bolts on the manifold especially the ones close to the firewall. Since you have done the mechanic thing I know you have a pressure guage. Check the rail pressure. 31psi idle, 39 psi with the vacuum line to the regulator on the fuel rail disconnected & stays above 20 psi for 20 minutes after key off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.