No dash lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > No dash lights

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 06-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
jaredcouture
1992 YJ Wrangler 

No dash lights

Hey guys. New to this forum. I've had my yj for a little over a year. The instrument panel lights have never worked. No bad fuses. I'm wondering if this is common? Any help would be great! Thanks.

jaredcouture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredcouture
Hey guys. New to this forum. I've had my yj for a little over a year. The instrument panel lights have never worked. No bad fuses. I'm wondering if this is common? Any help would be great! Thanks.
Fairly commen so iv heard lol...
Enjoy your yj and be frustrated by po hacks
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Electrical issues are common more because they were not maintained. Take a look at the connectors and the board for the cluster for any corrosion. Also the dimmer switch. Go through all the connectors and clean them usp with contact cleaner/alcohol and seal them with dielectric grease.
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #4
jaredcouture
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'm gonna need the luck. The whole thing is a po hack. Might just hammer out the jeep stamps in the fenders and stamp in Po Hack Wrangler.
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
jaredcouture
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ
Electrical issues are common more because they were not maintained. Take a look at the connectors and the board for the cluster for any corrosion. Also the dimmer switch. Go through all the connectors and clean them usp with contact cleaner/alcohol and seal them with dielectric grease.
Thanks! Hoping to avoid strapping a Mag Lite to the arm rest.
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

If you have a meter the electrical is easy on a Jeep. You can get the help to figure things out here by searching the forum and asking for help.
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.