Nice Suspension Setup Help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Nice Suspension Setup Help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #16
95 Lowbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I disagree with this. I installed 1" shackles and the extra length gives the spring enough room to flatten out. Notice how the drivers side spring up front is completely flat? And yes, I was retesting for bumpstops.
4"- 4 1/2" it's pretty much the same.
I know that the R.E. 4 1/2" reaches the last 1/2" with the shackles.
Don't know about the BDS springs your running.
My point was that a 6" spring only lift with a stock length spring will
ride like crap and not flex very well.

95 Lowbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #17
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm running 5" BDS springs plus the shackles. They will eventually flatten with flex as well.
Unread 02-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #18
hesserdude07
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i run my front dana 30 on 35s and have wheeled it to death. I have upgraded the U joints is all.

All though i do have a dana 44 sitting in the garage. New gears, lock rite, chromos, and lock outs.

Tags
jeep yj , rubicon express , suspension lift

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.