newbie yj question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > newbie yj question

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 07-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #1
kensm715

newbie yj question

I traded my old ford diesel for a super clean 93 yj with a brand new 6" RC lift. Well as yall can imagine it has driveline issues. (big surprise) Since its my girlfriends ride i bought a sye kit for it and a rear shaft from RC all set up for her yj with 6" lift. Well its to dang short by like 2 inches GRRRRR. Anyone here have a yj with this lift and issues when you put it together?

kensm715 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Most of us measure first and buy 2nd. I would return that and call tom woods, tattons, adams etc and have one made to exact spec.

The next issue is that with the SYE you need to drasticly change the rear pinion angle, to point 1-2 degrees low of the transfer case yoke.
cv/dc shaft

standard
Unread 07-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #3
kmagnuss
1991 YJ Wrangler 

If he changes the pinion angle he'll probably be okay length wise... plus the RC lift will sag a little in the coming months anyhow.
Unread 07-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmagnuss View Post
If he changes the pinion angle he'll probably be okay length wise... plus the RC lift will sag a little in the coming months anyhow.
Both valid points lol. OP, if you can weld, hack them perches off and rotate the pinion up and re-weld. Else get some shims, hard to see from the pic but I would say 6-8* shims are in order. easy to figure it out with an angle finder, a level, and some beer.
Unread 07-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
140mower
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My thoughts as well.......
Unread 07-17-2014, 05:40 AM   #6
kensm715

When i said newbie i ment to yj's lol Goob the driveshaft was ordered from Rough Country for this vehicle with the 6" lift wasnt suppose to need any measuring. Its lookin like I will have to do a lil perch work because the springs already have a 8 or 10 degree shim from rough country and the pinion definitely needs to come up more . How much will these rc springs settle? I would hate to put new perches on it just to have the springs flatten out .
Unread 11-30-2014, 05:36 AM   #7
kensm715

ok we decided to scrap the springs and go soa on her yj i picked up a 8.8 4.10 posi, a set of xj rear springs and building a rear bumper for the rear spring hangers. the front will be getting either a used set of yj lift springs or stock yj springs. But my question is on steering is the jb 4x4 steering arm still available?
Unread 11-30-2014, 10:29 AM   #8
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I dont think it is but there are other good options. Blue torch fab and M.O.R.E. both make a similar product
Unread 12-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #9
kensm715

Ya I seen that after I posted lol thanks I ordered her a btf one today for Christmas. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.