Newbie with a Question--AC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Newbie with a Question--AC

Poison Spyder Ricochet RockersROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
mknitgrtjeep
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Newbie with a Question--AC

Trying to add freon to the AC system and cant find the low port. Found the High port nipple with the "H" on it but dont see a low. I've run every line from the firewall to the front and dont see one. On the advice of a coworker who also has a jeep he suggested I post pics here and get some thoughts.

The red arrows indicate where we think I should load the freon. It's not necessarily a nipple but more a nut I'd have to take off.

Does that look like the right spot?

jeep-pic-1.jpg   jeep-2-image.jpg   jeep-3-pic.jpg   jeep-4-pic.jpg  
mknitgrtjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
Jeepsr4me

if there is no pressure on system, unscrew that sensor and see if a scharder valve under there.
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
coolin4u
1993 YJ Wrangler 

There is a brass cap just to the right of the one in the pic you have labeled high side port,slowly loosen that cap and if nothing starts leaking out take it all the way off,i'm thinking there is a fitting under it to add freon. Also depending on the year make sure to add correct refrigerant
coolin4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
rubisean
1990 YJ Wrangler 

the arrows point to your pressure switch, both high and low side ports should be on the back of the compressor
rubisean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
4x4JB
1991 YJ Wrangler 

What year is your jeep? Original engine? Here's a post I found that the guy has a 93 I believe.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/c-question-1219094/

Post a few more pictures of the compressor if you can. Little closer up. Hope this helps
4x4JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
mknitgrtjeep
1989 YJ Wrangler 

So here's the interesting tale...stopped by my local Firestone (I know the owner) and had a guy there look at it. It's a converted system that's been converted to R13a. So the High port in the pic, that's the right port for freon load. I was just being cautious as it even had a cap that says H on it. Mechanic confirmed I was good to go. 30 minutes later at the house, cold AC. The irony is yesterday it was in the 80's, today the 40's, gotta love Dallas
mknitgrtjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.