Newbie needs help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Newbie needs help

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-08-2011, 05:07 AM   #1
Lupey

Newbie needs help

Morning all. I have a 95 YJ 2.5 4 that I'm having a brake light problem with. Ok to start with ALL lights work on the front. Headlights, flashers, directions etc etc. On the rear I only have tail lights. No hazards, no turn or brake lights. When I turn on my directionals the green arrow stays solid on both left and right. I checked the brake light switch. I looked for a diagram but couldnt find one. My BLS has 4 wires on it. I do have power on one coming into it and power coming out. When I press the button the power is broken so I would think that the switch is fine. My question on that is out of the 4 wires are only 2 suppose to have power? Also I pulled the bulb and have no power going to the brake lights. Could it be a ground?

Thanks in advance all!

Correction. I have no directionals at all! Hazards work in the front but not in the rear.

Last edited by Lupey; 08-08-2011 at 05:29 AM..
Lupey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 05:55 AM   #2
Lupey

I got it. Guess that is what happens when you try to work on your Jeep at 530 in the morning. It was where the trailer harness was wired in. Removed that and connected the original wires and they all work now!
Lupey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
raynmaker
1990 YJ Wrangler 

glad you fixed it. welcome to the club
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I was going to suggest checking the grounds on the housings. But it looks like you got it figured out.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.