Newbie need some help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Newbie need some help

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 06-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
FiremanDrew
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Newbie need some help

I just purchased a 1993 YJ 2.5L manual for $1400. The motor ran fine until it was under a load causing it to sputter and loss of power. Check engine light diagnosis stated a code 27 fuel injector problem. Long story short checked compression number one at 30 so pulled the motor. I'm currently having it machined but I ran the block numbers and its a 95 2.5L. I know they are all basically the same but I was going to replace the clutch while its out. Should I look for a 93 or 95 clutch and which flywheel should I be running. Any help would be appreciated.

FiremanDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
rykemc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Flywheels are the same from 91-02. I would go with the 93 clutch. Not sure if they are different or not but that is what I would tell the parts guy.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/m...build-1502848/

APRIL 2013 YJOTM

JUNE 2014 YJOTM
rykemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
FiremanDrew
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, that's what I was planning on going with the 93 clutch but didn't want to put in the wrong one only to take it all back apart again. There is plenty of other jobs I can't wait to do.
FiremanDrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.