Newbie here...need help with wheel/tire combo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Newbie here...need help with wheel/tire combo

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 07-29-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
Brent99
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Newbie here...need help with wheel/tire combo

Just purchased a 87 yj and need help with deciding on new wheels and tires. Is it possible to put 30x9.5 tires on this Jeep without a lift? Also, I'm looking at the Crager Soft 8s in the 15" dia. version. What width would be best for this set up?

I did a search and could not come up with any answers. Sorry if I overlooked this elsewhere.

Brent99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
Roadyy

1994 YJ Wrangler 

You can run up to a 31" tire but will have a lil rub on the fenders without a lift. If you are going with a 9.5 then a factory 7" rim will be good unless you want to go wider later then an 8" would be the ideal rim to get, that way you can go up to a 12.50 wide tire later without having to replace the rims. just pay attention to the BS to keep it off the springs.
Roadyy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.