Newb: I need help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Newb: I need help

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-26-2007, 08:44 PM   #1
wayfastwhitey44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Newb: I need help

I'm new here and looking for some help bought a 95 yj 2.5 back in march ran good till about a month ago it was hard starting in the mornings when it was cold then once i got it started witch took some effort it ran great and starts right back up when hot so here's what i changed

- fuel filter

-spark plugs

- rotor

-distributor cap

-spark plug wires

still no luck so i brought it to my mechanic he found out that there was too much presser in the line so he changed the fuel pump regulator and still got the high pressure so he found out that the return line was sitting on the bottom of the tank so he fixed that witch corrected the pressure problem but still hard starting when cold

next he changed out the distributor witch was warn but still no luck and hes stumped so am i so he gave it back to me to drive it till it craps out so he can figure out whats wrong

so i am looking for any help anyone can offer thanks also i was told it might be the map sensor so that's what I'm changing out next

wayfastwhitey44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2007, 09:04 PM   #2
FlSpearhunter
2005 WK 

What kind of vehicle are we talking about? What year? What engine?

OOps, missed it in the first line sorry...how does it run once it does start? Idle rough, or does it run ok?
Unread 09-26-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
wayfastwhitey44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

um its ruff for like 2 seconds right after it gets going then the high idle takes over it high idles fine then is lowers and idles fine
Unread 09-26-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
FlSpearhunter
2005 WK 

Sounds like it could be the TPS or maybe the fuel system is leaking down while it sits...it's hard to diagnose when you can't see the thing let alone run checks on it. Search the board and maybe you'll find that someone has had the same problem and how they fixed it. Or maybe someone will chime in with more ideas...

Just a thought, but have you tried running a fuel system cleaner through it...possibly dirty injectors...I guess if that was the case it would run rough all the time tho...
Unread 09-27-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
wayfastwhitey44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i put gum out injector cleaner in the tank i dont think it really did anything the colder it go in the mornings the harder it was to start
Unread 09-27-2007, 02:28 PM   #6
flame0086
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Wrong oil wieght It would never hurt to change the oil and make sure you've got the right stuff in there.

Support Search and Rescue
Get Lost
flame0086 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #7
versoel
2009 JK Wrangler 

what oil do you run? i run 5w30 mobil one pure synthetic with the lucus synthetic additive.

i had over 205k miles on my last engine that i ran that with. other than when i submerged the block without a snorkel it ran great!!!!
versoel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2007, 01:27 PM   #8
wayfastwhitey44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

update: pretty shure its an electriacal problem. now as far as i know the engine check light comes on when you turn the ignition on but now when i turn it on and the light does not come on it does not start and when it does it starts any body got any ideas thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.