*NEW* YJ Rough Country 2.5" Suspension Lift - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > *NEW* YJ Rough Country 2.5" Suspension Lift

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 04-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #16
bianco92yj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

This is awesome, I will be ordering mine in a couple weeks and I'll def be coming back to this

bianco92yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #17
SECorBust
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hey that's a clean looking Creme Rio Grande. So I had been thinking about a 4 inch lift to fit 33's, but I have those same lift shackles and was wondering if I could get there with a 2.5" lift. How does the jeep ride and drive as compared to before?

I meant to ask how big are those tires?

Last edited by SECorBust; 04-22-2009 at 03:39 PM..
SECorBust is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #18
geo1400
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I found this thread after doing a search for instalation help (questions above?) but would also be interested to know and see how the suspension rides and looks after 6 months?

He topped himself...
geo1400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #19
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

After a bit over 5 months now, I have seen about 3/4" sag in the kit. I also gained around 5" with it. That is with it driven 30 miles daily most of the time
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #20
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #21
showard47651
1988 YJ Wrangler 

looks great
showard47651 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #22
hulkgreen
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I was told that Rough Country has the lowest price point; BUT the old addage " you get what you pay for " comes into effect and " they are the lowest price point for a reason " !!!

Can some of you that have purchased from them please debunk what this guy told me ??? I have purchased other Rough Country products with out problem but this guy insisted !!! Please tell me what is wrong with it .... IF anything !!! Is the kit incomplete or missing pieces ???

Thank you
Just finished converting my YJ to a TURBO DIESEL ..... want to see how .......http://www.flickr.com/photos/42246689@N06/ or check out my BUILD THREAD ......http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/3...994-yj-835449/
hulkgreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #23
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkgreen View Post
I was told that Rough Country has the lowest price point; BUT the old addage " you get what you pay for " comes into effect and " they are the lowest price point for a reason " !!!

Can some of you that have purchased from them please debunk what this guy told me ??? I have purchased other Rough Country products with out problem but this guy insisted !!! Please tell me what is wrong with it .... IF anything !!! Is the kit incomplete or missing pieces ???

Thank you

There are still nay sayers out there and always will be because Rough Country for a long time had issues with their springs. Follow this thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-new-improved-529407/ I think it speaks for itself. RC changed suppliers about 18 months ago and has been nothing but great ever since.
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #24
Exparrot
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo1400 View Post
This is a great thread but i'm just wondering... the RC instalation instructions seems to be a little simpler without the TC drop etc. I have a stock YJ and considering this 2.5" lift but have 2 questions:

1) Will I need to TC drop and do the brake lines (considering my YJ is stock)

2) Any special tools (if you need air tools i'm out, don't have that!) and how many axle stands trolley jacks do you end up using?

Thanks
I don't have an RC lift, but install questions are install questions.

#1 - Every Jeep is different. I didn't install the t-case drop initially, but did a few months later when I started getting worse vibes. Brake lines will probably be a yes. If you take off the front and rear track bars, you will be stretching the stock brake lines at full droop.

#2 - A sawzall or angle grinder will make everything go much smoother. If you don't need to reuse hardware, hack it off. I cut off most of the hanger bolts, u-bolts, and shackle bolts since they were supplied. Do an inventory first, and plan on getting some new grade 8 bolts for the ones you're cutting off.

I used 2 pairs of jack stands and 2 jacks.
LO Jeep Club #111 [and not proud of it]
Red Jeep Club #MC399
Exparrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #25
geo1400
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exparrot View Post
I don't have an RC lift, but install questions are install questions.

#1 - Every Jeep is different. I didn't install the t-case drop initially, but did a few months later when I started getting worse vibes. Brake lines will probably be a yes. If you take off the front and rear track bars, you will be stretching the stock brake lines at full droop.

#2 - A sawzall or angle grinder will make everything go much smoother. If you don't need to reuse hardware, hack it off. I cut off most of the hanger bolts, u-bolts, and shackle bolts since they were supplied. Do an inventory first, and plan on getting some new grade 8 bolts for the ones you're cutting off.

I used 2 pairs of jack stands and 2 jacks.

Thanks for the info, I think I gonna go with this kit and have a go myself. Cheers

He topped himself...
geo1400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #26
jgillespie
1991 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for posting this up! im going to be adding this lift to my rig in the next couple months, glad to see it is pretty straight forward since i don't know the extent of my wrenching abilities...luckily i surprise myself pleasantly most of the time

thanks again

Originally posted by Crazyquadder:
Quote:
a 6 foot puddle is approx half way up my doors
jgillespie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2009, 03:00 AM   #27
reservoirdogg26
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Rc Lift

does anyone have a thread similar to this but done on a TJ?
reservoirdogg26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #28
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here's one for a 3.25" TJ lift...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/another-rc-3-25-install-748690/

Here's info on the 2.5"

http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthrea...+lift+write+up
Unread 08-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #29
YJake
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Great post! I'll be ordering mine next summer for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan16 View Post
The 4banger only whines because it wants more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #30
lwszabo
1997 TJ Wrangler 

you said you got a great price.....How much was it?
lwszabo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.