New YJ owner interduction - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New YJ owner interduction

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
joe87yj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

New YJ owner interduction

Hello everyone! My name is Joe and I just bought a 87 Jeep Wrangler Laredo two days ago. I am very excited to own it and have many plans for it in the future. I also have a 99 Jeep Cherokee 2 wheel drive that I have had for 6 months or so. It is what has started my Jeep fever that I am sure many on this site have.

So let me let you all know what I know about the Jeep so far. Its an 87 Wrangler Laredo that is all stock as far as I can tell. It has at least 155K on it. (maybe 255 or 355K) if the odometer has rolled. I did a pretty good visual inspection of it when I bought it, crawled under it to look for rust. Although kinda dirty under there it seems pretty rust free on the frame and tub. The frame looks in good shape and no signs of it being beat to death from being on the trails. Since it is all stock I am pretty sure it has not been used to crawl over rocks and such. And it being all stock I don't think it would be capable of rock crawling in its current state. The interior is in Amazing shape! The lack of rust and interior was the reason for purchase. I thought it would be the perfect specimen to start a build with.

What I want to end up with is a Jeep that is a good daily driver but ready for most trails. I want it to be a usable Jeep that can tackle most mud, woods, and trails. My future upgrades will be a 4in to a 6in lift, I think I want to keep the tire size to 33's. I know where I want to sped most of money is on armor. I want to protect the under carriage so I plan on putting as much armor under there as I can. Even though I do not plan on rock crawling with my Jeep I want it to be as bullet proof as I can make it.

I also want to possibly do an engine swap with what is in my Cherokee so I can get more power and go to fuel injection. I will start a thread about that in a min.

Anyways thanks for the forum and I look forward to learning about my jeep here. Look forward to chatting with ya all

joe87yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome man, from another 87 Laredo owner. Mine is black and is about to roll 115k miles and I love it also. I have passed on two newer wranglers because I like it so much
Unread 06-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
joe87yj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks man! Glad to be here!
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
CALUfootball64
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Pics or it didn't happen!

Welcome
CALUfootball64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #5
joe87yj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I will post some
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #6
JoshuaGoodwin88

I have a 1988 jeep wrangler base and if your looking for to put a new engine in I would recommend a 4.2 liter engine, inline six. I have that and it's the perfect amount of power for off roading and being on the road and I would go for a 4 inch lift if your looking to keep 33s for tires. I live in the mountains and my jeep does great on the trails and roads
JoshuaGoodwin88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.