New YJ owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New YJ owner

Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!All our Different Weld Washers!Panhard Parts & Kits from Ruffstuff!

Unread 12-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
selnashar
1993 YJ Wrangler 

New YJ owner

Just picked up this yj a few days back. 1993 4.0 with 158,000 kms on it with full service history and all original dealer service books. Mods are basic and consist of ome springs/shocks, extended fender flares, 31" tires on 15s. Didnt need much besides a good cleanup and minor service. Below are a few pics. Does anybody know where i could find a replacement rear fog light? The current one is cracked and being that its not a US spec part I'm having trouble finding it. Also what is that bracket installed on the rear passenger side fender next to the tail light? Thank you

selnashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Dingo1033

1991 YJ Wrangler 

The bracket, I've been told, is a bump stop for the tire/tailgate. The rear fog light I've never seen before.
Unread 12-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Never heard of a rear fog light. No such item listed anywhere. What happened to the interior?
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
irnmadn88
2005 LJ Wrangler 

A fog light in that position is a common addition to non-USA spec vehicles. It is brighter than a standard brake light and is used in situations of limited visibility. In the desert, it would be used during a sand storm...
Colorado Jeep Club Member #667
irnmadn88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
pete1991YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to JeepForum, you've just found one of the best jeep sites anywhere!

Very nice find, and it has all the service documents!
As previously noted, the fog light is not part of the US specification - it may have been added by a local dealer or by the previous owner.
pete1991YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
djwrangler
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irnmadn88 View Post
A fog light in that position is a common addition to non-USA spec vehicles. It is brighter than a standard brake light and is used in situations of limited visibility. In the desert, it would be used during a sand storm...
Yep. That's why sometimes you see an Audi our Mercedes that looks like the drivers side taillight is stuck on lol
djwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #7
selnashar
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the input guys. @wdnewman i took the interior out to get it cleaned up; its it good shape just 20 years worth of stains on it. Since the interior is out anyway going to give the floor a good clean and respray it. Not sure the direction im going to take with this jeep yet as i already have an fj (pic below) i use for offroading.

Unread 12-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #8
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hmm, that fj looks like it is having trouble on top of that dune. It gets stuck easily?

I would just clean that yj up and cruise it the way it is. Its good looking. Use the fj as the off road toy and the yj as the girl getter.
Unread 12-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
selnashar
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superj View Post
Hmm, that fj looks like it is having trouble on top of that dune. It gets stuck easily?
No not stuck was just posing for the shot
Unread 12-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by selnashar View Post
Thanks for the input guys. @wdnewman i took the interior out to get it cleaned up; its it good shape just 20 years worth of stains on it. Since the interior is out anyway going to give the floor a good clean and respray it. Not sure the direction im going to take with this jeep yet as i already have an fj (pic below) i use for offroading.

I would bet that after you get a feel for that YJ, you will be throwing rocks at the FJ for off road use.

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.