New YJ, new member - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New YJ, new member

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 05-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #16
DpDave
Semper Fidelis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum, Ranjo. I'm brandy spankin' new here as well. Congrats on a very fine looking Jeep. I was planning on using some of those high HP stickers, but didn't think about the blue dash lights... Please let us know what you find with the clutch noise, mine is doing the same thing, despite the PO saying he had just replaced the whole assembly. Nuthin' says he did it right tho...

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1521567/
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #17
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjo
Hey all, read the let me help you fill out your profile thread...nice. I am new to jeeps but not the 4x4 community. I am 37 years old and have had/built many other trucks. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here and fixing and building my own. Would really like to meet people in the Charleston, SC vicinity that go on rides and get togethers. My baseline...88 YJ..was told it had a frame off..looks like they did and just pressure washed the frame and body, painted it and put it back together. All the brake lines were replaced..not sure why they didn't go ahead and do the rear disc conversion, gives me something to look forward to. 4.2 from a 93 YJ was put under the hood...question here, isn't the stock 88 motor carb'd, mine is fuel injected...no complaints here. I was told it 130K, but odometer doesn't work. small leaf spring lift to clear 33x12.50 MT MTZ. 5 spd tranny. stock axles, xfercase, and gears..really need to get some gears in this thing, I have yet to use 5th gear on the interstate going to work every day.black body with new black soft top, black wheels. New carpet, new jeep seats front and rear...all around in great shape. steering is somewhat loose..surprise surprise, clutch makes funny noise, I can hear it spinning until some torque is applied, not sure if its mis aligned or throw out bearing is going..I will search unless someone else has an idea off the top of their head. heat works good, no A/C (yet), someone put in blue lights for the gauges, all of which do work, and blue led's under the dash for floor lights...I'm guessing this adds to traction in deep mud...right up there with headlight fluid and stickers that add horsepower. Well, looking forward to the replies and future conversations !
Love the murdered out yj. All blacked out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.