=====New YJ Jeep Top For The Summer, With REVIEW===== - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > =====New YJ Jeep Top For The Summer, With REVIEW=====

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 06-02-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
SpiderWeb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

=====New YJ Jeep Top For The Summer, With REVIEW=====

We created this Jeep Wrangler Top for the HOT summer runs, check out the video of the SpiderWeb ShadeTop on my 94 Sahara. We would love your feedback:

[YT]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n86t2oc47q0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n86t2oc47q0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

[/YT]

We need 1 YJ Jeep Forum Tester???

SpiderWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 10:34 AM   #2
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Will it fit with the '87 to '91 sport bar??? If so, I'd gladly "test" it out for you.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 10:35 AM   #3
The Rat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'd test it! If you can make a believer out of me than you can probably make a believer out of anyone.

Also like to note that my girlfriend is Irish...I'd drive her around all day, if she didn't burst into flames like she does now then you have a quality product, sir.
Unread 06-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I would test it
1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

My Rigrator score 535RRv1.0 BOA 25
93jeepREDSOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #5
tuckinauster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

no offense or anything, but VDP has a mesh bikini top that'll do the same thing, and keep some water off of ya. how does it compare price wise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'rouke
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
tuckinauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #6
sam.b.
1998 TJ Wrangler 

any idea on how well it will stop rain (it looks like small mesh holes so i would assume it does to an extent) and will it fit a sport style roll bar without modification and without the 3rd brake light?

also does it flap in the wind at all?
with the bungies i bet it wouldnt be to much

i was looking on your website and i saw it acts as a windjammer COOL that makes it a 2 for one deal i am impressed with that
but how far down does it go?

btw im willing to test if the need arises
www.kifourwheelers.com << Louisville Ky. based 4x4 club

Last edited by sam.b.; 06-02-2008 at 09:49 PM..
sam.b. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
Lumpymayo
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I would gladly test this out for you. Looking at the video it seems like it sags a big over the center roll bar. Anyway of adding additional straps so that it is secured to it?
Lumpymayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #8
pushead

I dont like the bungie idea. Too many extra parts to break and with all the rings in the edge of the top that just looks like to may extra places for a rip or tare to form. I also dislike the gaps. Just an extra spot for the sun to come in. I can so see the sun coming in on my eyes from the gap in the front and the side. Have to love that Florida sun. I have something like the vdp top now. I dont know the brand it was the first of the mesh kind quadratec had for sale. It is basicly a bikini top but made of mesh. It gives tighter fit, better coverage and cleaner look. There is less stress points to break. Just my 2 cent.

Just watched it again and noticed the strap in the back going to the additional light. That is a hinderance.

Had another thought on my way home just now. The gap's I mentioned earlier also create a problem on the trail. They make a great place for a tree limb to grab on to on the front and the side.

Last edited by pushead; 06-02-2008 at 04:27 PM..
pushead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #9
Leroux
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I think $60 is way to much for mesh with bungee cords......in my opinion of course.
'93 YJ 4.0 i6, 8.8ls, D30 w/Aussie & Alloy USA shafts/disco removed, 4.56's, 3.5" Fabtech (gathering parts for SOA), 5/8 MORE Boomerangs, SYE, Coast Driveshaft, m8000, "Accordion style" Header w/full exhaust, 33" Siped BFG MT's, TJ Flares.
Leroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #10
intenseblu
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i see two benefits ... it does not get in the way of other tops so it can stay in place and it is made in the states ... too bad it does not come with installation by that nice looking girl. that would make it worth double haha.

nice work guys ... it will work for someone like me who would not want to mess with installing a a traditional bikini top after removing soft top.
intenseblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #11
SpiderWeb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckinauster View Post
no offense or anything, but VDP has a mesh bikini top that'll do the same thing, and keep some water off of ya. how does it compare price wise?
NO need for a header!!! All other tops fit right over it. I think the SpiderWeb Jeep top is cheaper than the VDP and way more versatile!

Thanks for asking.

www.jeepwranglertop.com
Unread 06-02-2008, 06:16 PM   #12
Jesse-James
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry, but that really looks cheap. A nylon tarp, couple zip ties and some panel tent bungees for $60? I'll pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n86t2oc47q0&fmt=18
Unread 06-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #13
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Don't think anyone here gets it. The price is very good; the design is excellent; solves tons of problems for us with custom designed rollbars/cages.

Who owns this company? Where are you located? What is your address and phone number? I get these answers, I'll order one and recommend them to others.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #14
SPDRMNKY
1995 YJ Wrangler 

in the video it hangs too low...kinda cramps your style...easily solved by rerouting over the roll bar...i think it was routed this way for the girl part

i think i'd use it most often wrapped vertically around the rear bars...it'd give my 14 mo old daughter some protection from tree limbs when the top is off (i already have a mesh top)

i'll be through orlando in about a week, and then off to moab, mosquito pass and other trails in CO and OR for two months...be glad to thrash it
SPDRMNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #15
SpiderWeb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeepguy View Post
Don't think anyone here gets it. The price is very good; the design is excellent; solves tons of problems for us with custom designed rollbars/cages.

Who owns this company? Where are you located? What is your address and phone number? I get these answers, I'll order one and recommend them to others.
Thank you sir. We are in Orlando Florida, and it is very HOT the ShadeTop just works, and the wind reduction is really unbelievable.

1104 Atlanta Ave
Orlando Fl, 32806
www.jeepwranglertop.com

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.