New YJ - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New YJ

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 02-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #61
JeepJon15
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Hm... i am getting a wierd message trying to upload pictures. I'll see if i can figure it out.

JeepJon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #62
linusb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Dang you got a great deal!!! Well done!
1994 YJ Wrangler, 4.0, AX15, NP231, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s, 4" RC lift, 1" lift Boom Shackles, 1" BL, 4.10 gears, 8.8 LSD in rear and D30 Aussie Locker in front, on-board air conversion, Ramsey RE8000 winch.
linusb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #63
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I think you scored a nicely condition lightly modded YJ for short money. You could never buy a YJ as nice as yours seems to be then mod it the same way for $5700.00. Enjoy!

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #64
JeepJon15
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys, i'm really happy with it. I'm still trying to get pictures up. I may have to wait till i get back to my computer.

It does have its quarks, but i say they give it personality. The drivers side full door handle doesnt work out the outside of the door, have yet to take it apart, maybe an easy fix. Gas guage is stuck on full. Those are the two main things ill be working on first.
Unread 02-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #65
G30SFF250
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a helluv a deal?
Unread 02-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #66
JeepJon15
1994 YJ Wrangler 

New to me 94 yj sahara 4.0 5speed

Here she is!
newjeepplates.jpg   newjeep.jpg   newjeep2.jpg   newjeep3.jpg   newjeepinside.jpg  

Unread 02-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #67
JeepJon15
1994 YJ Wrangler 

And if anyone is wondering. That switch on the ground in the last picture is a fuel pump switch.... thats right.

PO was having fuel pump issues. Finds out its a wiring problem that he cant track down. So he ran a new wire (kept old one in tact) and hooked up an on/off switch. Theft protection i guess. I thought it was funny.
Unread 02-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #68
G30SFF250
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looks great!
Unread 02-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #69
Ryno_XJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thats a set deal on that rig. Looks like you got a lot more bang for your buck then that 4 cylinder you posted up. I know you said you do not wheel much, but now you have a very capable yj if you ever decide to get into it. Which i highly recommend by the way! Lol
Ryno_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #70
JeepJon15
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys!

And i'd like to try it out Ryno, it looks like a blast. Maybe i'll try some light wheeling, i cant afford for the rig to be down for any amount of time. I will eventually invest in a beater to get to work with. That way i can be a little more adventurous with her.
Unread 02-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #71
UnFocused
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Excellent Jon! A really great piece of business.

Now is the time to do some diagnostics, most likely preventative but worthwhile at this point.

Pull the codes from the ECU, there's plenty of links on here if you don't already know how to do that. That will let you get ahead of the curve on any issues which are minor at this time but could become major.

I suggested earlier in this thread (and provided links) that you pull the plugs and check the engine with a vacuum gauge; now is the time to do those as well. It will take less than two hours in total and you'll have a really good understanding of what's happening under the hood.

However, considering the condition of your Jeep and it's enhancements I'd be willing to bet that everything is just fine.

You did GOOD!
UnFocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #72
JeepJon15
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Unfocused! I'll track down your post with the links. Glad that vacuum gauge i bought to tune my old carb wont be going to waste.

Anyone know the equation to find out your real miles traveled on 33" tires if the trip meter says around 140? Trying to figure out my mpg.
Unread 02-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #73
UnFocused
1989 YJ Wrangler 

We don't know enough to be able to calculate actual mileage. The big unknowns are the gear ratio in the axles, actual tire diameter, and whether the PO already put a different speedo gear in the transfer case to adjust for tire size and gear ratio. But here's an easy way to do it, reasonably close, without knowing those things:

Bring up mapquest.com and enter a destination address about 25 miles away that you know to be dead on. Then select get directions; it will ask for your starting address. It will tell you to the 1/10th mile the distance. Drive the route (you can print it out) exactly as stated, return the same way, and do the math.

Believe it or not, several insurance companies use this to calculate distances between residences and fire stations in rural areas in order to calculate home insurance rates. So, it's pretty acurate. Plus you get to drive it
UnFocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #74
JeepJon15
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, that seems like an easy enough method. Less math=good. PO said he "couldnt remember" if the speedo was calibrated for tire size. According to my gps though, the speedo reads about 5mph higher than i'm going (less if i'm doing under 35).

Also just asked PO about gearing. He said its 4:10 front and back.

Its funny. As i've been showing her off to friends and family, i've come to realize how impressive a winch is to people haha. I have to coax them away from it to show them my new JEEP.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.