New valve cover doesn't fit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New valve cover doesn't fit?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
artin8032
1988 YJ Wrangler 

New valve cover doesn't fit?

So I purchased a new valve cover for my 88 2.5liter wrangler, but it didn't fit. In the FAQ's section of the sellers site the manufacturer states this,

"Due to the thermal dynamic nature of plastics the covers might have some natural deflection when they are released from the mold. When installing the 4CYL valve cover you want to start the two front and two rear bolt holes first (finger start only. Do Not Tighten). This might require some force to be applied to help return the plastic to its original molded shape. After the front two and rear two bolts have been lined up and started the remainder bolt holes should align without any difficulty. Proceed with factory spec torque setting and pattern sequence. Please note that the OMIX cover is supplied with a rubberized formed gasket attached to the cover. No additional gasket material is required. The OMIX cover has been designed to work on two types of 2.5L heads that were supplied by Jeep. The covers bolt hole openings might be larger than your original do to this variation from Jeep. #17401.01"

Anyway I could not even get the thing to bolt on. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if they had any suggestions?
Thanks.

artin8032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
artin8032
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Bought a new one from doorman and it fit perfectly.
So basically dont buy omix brand anything!
artin8032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
Flyordie
1985 XJ Cherokee 

Mine didn't fit either. 84 2.5L in a Jeep XJ.
Flyordie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.