New, some questions.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New, some questions..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 04-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
CapeCodGuy
2004 WJ 

New, some questions..

For starters, Im picking up my new to me YJ tomorrow. Its an 89 4.2 5spd. Im going to do a fews maint. things to it, but Im getting some 4 inch springs from a friend. I searched and I know I dont need the track bars, front or rear? and Im going to be ordering a drop pitman (is this needed?) new shocks and a t-case drop for now. Is there something Im missing? The kit would come with extended sway bar links, are those needed? Thanks, and I cant friggin wait to join the club!

CapeCodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Brake lines.
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
87YJBill
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I have a 4 inch lift, no track bars,no sway bars, no drop pitman arm. and have had no problems.
87YJBill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2010, 07:28 AM   #4
CapeCodGuy
2004 WJ 

I never even thought about brake lines! Thanks. I read everywhere that track bars are useless, but wasnt sure about the track bar and sway bars.
CapeCodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #5
Not-Bob
1990 YJ Wrangler 

S.y.e.

When I bought my 1990 it already had a lift and they used spacers to drop transfercase. I removed the spacers and added a slip yoke eliminator. Made a difference with mine but not all lifts need it for some reason. I do have a dropped pitman arm but never had problems with brake lines, but mine is not a 4 inch lift.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.