New, some questions.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New, some questions..

KrawlOff-Road.com Jeep Beach SaleFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 04-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
CapeCodGuy
2004 WJ 

New, some questions..

For starters, Im picking up my new to me YJ tomorrow. Its an 89 4.2 5spd. Im going to do a fews maint. things to it, but Im getting some 4 inch springs from a friend. I searched and I know I dont need the track bars, front or rear? and Im going to be ordering a drop pitman (is this needed?) new shocks and a t-case drop for now. Is there something Im missing? The kit would come with extended sway bar links, are those needed? Thanks, and I cant friggin wait to join the club!

CapeCodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Brake lines.
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
87YJBill
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I have a 4 inch lift, no track bars,no sway bars, no drop pitman arm. and have had no problems.
87YJBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 06:28 AM   #4
CapeCodGuy
2004 WJ 

I never even thought about brake lines! Thanks. I read everywhere that track bars are useless, but wasnt sure about the track bar and sway bars.
CapeCodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
Not-Bob
1990 YJ Wrangler 

S.y.e.

When I bought my 1990 it already had a lift and they used spacers to drop transfercase. I removed the spacers and added a slip yoke eliminator. Made a difference with mine but not all lifts need it for some reason. I do have a dropped pitman arm but never had problems with brake lines, but mine is not a 4 inch lift.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.