New Shocks - Opinions and Recommendations wanted. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New Shocks - Opinions and Recommendations wanted.

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 09-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #16
NHfireYJ
Jeeper Creeper

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Probably the combo of both. I am running Re springs. Bilstein 5100's and upper and lower teraflex arms mine rides way better then stock.
Ditto

RE springs and 5100's all around

LUCY...2005 LJ Rubicon Sahara #495

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5" lift, on 35"s D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD.

Hummer Intake
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/
NHfireYJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #17
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Buy a shock designed and built by a shock company. No rancho, skyjacker, pro comp, or the like will ever be on my jeep...I don't agree that a higher end shock shouldn't be used for a stock street jeep. Use the highest end unit that is within budget.
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #18
squarelite
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratis
Buy a shock designed and built by a shock company. No rancho, skyjacker, pro comp, or the like will ever be on my jeep...I don't agree that a higher end shock shouldn't be used for a stock street jeep. Use the highest end unit that is within budget.
Depending on the model, ranchos are either a rebranded Monroe or built by Monroe.
squarelite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #19
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarelite

Depending on the model, ranchos are either a rebranded Monroe or built by Monroe.
All ranchos are made by tennico which makes Monroe. Pretty Much every painted body shock is make by tennico.
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #20
squarelite
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Edit: app issues
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #21
Rancho_Lifts
Vendor
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarelite View Post
We are a part of Tenneco, and I can assure you that our valving and other aspects of our shocks are different than Monroe. They aren't too many applications from Monroe that have 14" of travel.

Quote:
All ranchos are made by tennico which makes Monroe. Pretty Much every painted body shock is make by tennico.
There are only a handful of manufacturers that make shocks for a majority of suspension companies or for OE applications for that matter. If you have only experienced 5000's on a YJ and haven't tried the 7000's or 9000's we have our 90 day Performance Guarantee and 90-Day Risk-Free Ride Offer
We challenge you to try our Rancho® RS9000XL™ Shock Absorbers or our Rancho® RS7000MT™ Monotube Shock Absorbers risk-free for 90 days - if these products* don't meet the challenge, call us for your money back.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic302198_9.gif
Rancho_Lifts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #22
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho_Lifts

We are a part of Tenneco, and I can assure you that our valving and other aspects of our shocks are different than Monroe. They aren't too many applications from Monroe that have 14" of travel.

There are only a handful of manufacturers that make shocks for a majority of suspension companies or for OE applications for that matter. If you have only experienced 5000's on a YJ and haven't tried the 7000's or 9000's we have our 90 day Performance Guarantee and 90-Day Risk-Free Ride Offer
We challenge you to try our Rancho® RS9000XL™ Shock Absorbers or our Rancho® RS7000MT™ Monotube Shock Absorbers risk-free for 90 days - if these products* don't meet the challenge, call us for your money back.
Sorry guys I'm Sticking with Bilsteins
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #23
Rancho_Lifts
Vendor
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry guys I'm Sticking with Bilsteins

No worries. One thing about our monotubes, different charge than other montubes, not as "firm" that others don't prefer on other monotubes that are out there.
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #24
squarelite
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancho_Lifts

I understand that Monroe doesn't have their branding on some of the more extreme applications. FYI, I happen to run 9010 and 9012's on my yj.
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #25
hokiejeep21

Thanks for all the Reply's, recommendations, and advice. I ended up going with the KYB Excel-G's. I was able to pick up 4 for $116 and will do the install myself. Am doing a lot of fixes (brake lines, frame repair, brakes, shocks, etc,) to get the jeep back on the road so these fit my budget the best.
hokiejeep21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #26
Rancho_Lifts
Vendor
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarelite View Post
I understand that Monroe doesn't have their branding on some of the more extreme applications. FYI, I happen to run 9010 and 9012's on my yj.
Nice!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.