New seats - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New seats

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #16
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
i recentyl came across a bunch of seats on Ebay. i have no clue as to how good they are, but for the prce, I'd be interested in checking them out.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-X-UNIVERSA...c22186&vxp=mtr
I have seats quite similar to these that I got from JC Whitney, buy one get one deal.

Decent seats, they've faded like crazy buy held up well over the last five years. They sit VERY high and I had to build new risers in order to get them to sit right. But all in all they are good seats for the price.

timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
I have seats quite similar to these that I got from JC Whitney, buy one get one deal.

Decent seats, they've faded like crazy buy held up well over the last five years. They sit VERY high and I had to build new risers in order to get them to sit right. But all in all they are good seats for the price.
this interests me. i may see if i can find them on JC whitney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #18
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
this interests me. i may see if i can find them on JC whitney
I got the Garage Pro ones..... in BLACK.

Don't think they're offering the buy one get one deal anymore, it was a LONG time ago.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #19
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the link!

Quote:
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #20
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Those Ebay seats and harness Carlos found are scary cheap! Heck belts cost more than the price they have 2 seats and belts for. I may drive to their plant and have a look, they sure look nice
Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #21
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno72 View Post
Those Ebay seats and harness Carlos found are scary cheap! Heck belts cost more than the price they have 2 seats and belts for. I may drive to their plant and have a look, they sure look nice
I mean they can't be too bad or they'd be facing lawsuits already I'm sure. It's worth a look!

Quote:
Unread 02-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #22
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I bought the Bestop replacement seats that don't adjust. On sale, with rebate, etc. they were a little over $110 each then.

After two years they look new still. Fit was perfect. Color is dead on. The black denim hasn't faded or stained. Nice. I should have bought them years ago...

You don't really need the adjustable back. You can almost buy two fixed back TrailMax seats for the price of one adjustable one.
Unread 02-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #23
Wranglin4Life
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
I bought the Bestop replacement seats that don't adjust. On sale, with rebate, etc. they were a little over $110 each then.

After two years they look new still. Fit was perfect. Color is dead on. The black denim hasn't faded or stained. Nice. I should have bought them years ago...

You don't really need the adjustable back. You can almost buy two fixed back TrailMax seats for the price of one adjustable one.
When you say adjustable back? You mean to lean forward or back?
Wranglin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #24
redneck23ms
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i have a set of PRP daily driver seats with camo cordura covers. they are comfy but with stock seat brackets they do mount fairly high. they survived a bad wreck where the roll bar bent forward into the passenger seat and bent the frame but didn't hurt the fabric at all. they are now mounted to a full roll cage.
redneck23ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #25
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck23ms View Post
i have a set of PRP daily driver seats with camo cordura covers. they are comfy but with stock seat brackets they do mount fairly high. they survived a bad wreck where the roll bar bent forward into the passenger seat and bent the frame but didn't hurt the fabric at all. they are now mounted to a full roll cage.
That wreck must have made a HUGE impact on you, you are rather cocooned in there now!

Quote:
Unread 02-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #26
redneck23ms
1992 YJ Wrangler 

it was a bad wreck. got rearended on the interstate at 65 mph or so and ended up on the passenger side sliding backwards into the ditch. and of course the guy had no insurance. i got ythe cage secnd hand but it is very well built. heres a couple pics of the jeep after the wreck.
and this is how it sits now.
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #27
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

And it wasn't totalled? Dayum!!

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #28
redneck23ms
1992 YJ Wrangler 

it would have been but since he had no insurance i just rebuilt it out of my own pocket as i only had liability ins on it. otherwise it would have been totalled just due to the amount that needed to be replaced. i'm hoping i'll eventually get some money out of the guy but so far he hasn't appeared to court and has a warrant out for him.
Unread 02-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #29
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, that was one heck of a wreck! I hope the guy comes clean as that's not fair to anyone!

Quote:
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:27 AM   #30
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshw301

I will complain! I bought the Corbeau moabs black vinyl. I am not going to explain all my frustrations, just search under my name, as i have gone in depth in the past. IMHO they are junk.
My Baja SS seats are okay. The covers have wear in them and it doesn't see a whole lot of driving either. Their brackets blow. They are not made well enough at all and because of them, one of the nuts in my floor is super tweaked from installing them. Would I buy the seats again, hell no. Would I use them if I had to and I got them for free, yeah. Not worth the money IMO.

Help our dog Bo! https://fundly.com/give-bo-a-chance
Michaelgoesrawr is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.