New seats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New seats

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Wranglin4Life
1993 YJ Wrangler 

New seats

I'm looking to replace my seats in the spring. The stock ones are not comfortable at all anymore. I believe they are just worn out. So who all has aftermarket or different seats? Saw some of the bestop ones and corbeau ones on quadratec. Just looking for something weather resistant and decently comfortable.

Wranglin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

there's a whole ton of us around here who have non-stock seats. some pretty close to direct bolt-in, some required fabricating some sort of adapter bracket.

My seats came out of a Neon (no idea what year) I picked them up off a Craigslist ad for $20 for the pair and had to fab new bases because the bottoms are rather thick and mounting on the stock bases had by head into the soft top, but now that they're on new (lower) bases, they're SOO much more comfortable than stock...

others have had luck with Cavalier, Grand Am, Mustang, Toyota... pretty much any bucket can be made to fit reasonably well. Keep your eye on Craigslist for a deal (might even find a pair for free if you're lucky)
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

There are several threads about taking seats out of junkyard cars, some of them look pretty good. I'm going with Corbeau Baja Ultra, I like a deep seat with sides for my type driving. The bestop replacement seats are pretty cheap if you were happy with the stock seats you had, I wasn't so I'm getting what I like now.
p.s. The deep seats like I'm getting are hard to get into on a lifted jeep if you are overweight, so go with what suits you.
Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #4
SH00T3R
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I used ford Ranger seats. Not weather resistant though.

”When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
SH00T3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
mmatto99
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I bought a set of Bestop seats. They look and feel great, but they sit up about 2" higher than stock seats. They use the factory brackets. I got them off craigslist for a hell of a deal so I'm not complaining, but they take some getting used to sitting higher...
2013-02-18-20.23.52.jpg  
mmatto99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #6
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Do not buy Corbeau seats. After one year the seat covers started to rip at the seams. Even the passenger seat that is rarely used is ripping.
Sure they gave me a new set of covers to put on my new seats, but I do not expect my new covers to last either, and I had to install the covers on my new seats...

I hope I sound as disgusted as I am with Corbeau and my junk seats.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #7
cstone94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasinbuy View Post
Do not buy Corbeau seats. After one year the seat covers started to rip at the seams. Even the passenger seat that is rarely used is ripping.
Sure they gave me a new set of covers to put on my new seats, but I do not expect my new covers to last either, and I had to install the covers on my new seats...

I'm not sure which ones you got and how you treated them, but after 1+ years my Corbeau Neoprene Moab's have held up awesomely. They are far more comfortable and durable, especially to rain since they are water resistant. They have awesome customer service too.

11' F250 - DD

1982 Toyota Pick-Up - Spray-On Yellow Rhino Lined - Chevrolet 305 H.O. - SM465 - NP208C - All-Pro Off Road 5" Springs - 35x15.50x15 Super Swampers
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasinbuy View Post

I'm not questioning your treatment or experience. Before I buy I do extensive Google searches on equipment. Since people are very quick to complain, but not so quick to praise, there are normally many many complaints about popular products, you just have to wade through the write ups. Corbeau has very few complaints for such a large company, and most of them are seat bolts not lining up correctly (many of these were because of user error in ordering) Again, I'm sorry to hear about your experience and will dig a little deeper in my research, I wouldn't want to spend that kind of money for an inferior product.
Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:36 AM   #9
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmatto99 View Post
I bought a set of Bestop seats. They look and feel great, but they sit up about 2" higher than stock seats. They use the factory brackets. I got them off craigslist for a hell of a deal so I'm not complaining, but they take some getting used to sitting higher...
That's a dang nice center console. Who makes it? Mine is about dead.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #10
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno72
I'm not questioning your treatment or experience. Before I buy I do extensive Google searches on equipment. Since people are very quick to complain, but not so quick to praise, there are normally many many complaints about popular products, you just have to wade through the write ups. Corbeau has very few complaints for such a large company, and most of them are seat bolts not lining up correctly (many of these were because of user error in ordering) Again, I'm sorry to hear about your experience and will dig a little deeper in my research, I wouldn't want to spend that kind of money for an inferior product.
I will complain! I bought the Corbeau moabs black vinyl. I am not going to explain all my frustrations, just search under my name, as i have gone in depth in the past. IMHO they are junk.
F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
gunshw301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #11
Wranglin4Life
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rproject View Post
That's a dang nice center console. Who makes it? Mine is about dead.
Its looks like the VDP one. A lot of people have them. I went with the smittybuilt one though. Havent put it in yet, been to cold to wrench on the jeep. I have so many plans lined up for spring for the jeep.

As far as the seats go, I looked at the Corbeau Baja ones and they look really nice. I have a friend who has a mustang and put corbeau seats in and has never had a problem and his seats are about 5 years old or so. Sucks to hear someone had such a bad experience. Maybe yours are defective... I dunno
Wranglin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #12
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I've had a pair of corbeau ultras with the cloth front in my yj for the last 2 years with alot of seat time and they still look new. I'm not sure what problems some of you guys are having but the pair I got are some of the best fitting and looking seats I've been around. I wouldnt trade them for anything of comparable price. The only thing some people dont like about them when driving my jeep is the really high side bolsters getting in/out but they are what holds you in so well.
Unread 02-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #13
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

i recentyl came across a bunch of seats on Ebay. i have no clue as to how good they are, but for the prce, I'd be interested in checking them out.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-X-UNIVERSA...c22186&vxp=mtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #14
jsd1991yj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

How does the neoprene work? I always thought it would not breathe very well and it would make you sweat on those warmer/ hot days.
jsd1991yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #15
cstone94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd1991yj View Post
How does the neoprene work? I always thought it would not breathe very well and it would make you sweat on those warmer/ hot days.
It does make you sweat a little on hot days, but it definitely increases the life-span of your seat if you run topless and get stuck in the rain.

11' F250 - DD

1982 Toyota Pick-Up - Spray-On Yellow Rhino Lined - Chevrolet 305 H.O. - SM465 - NP208C - All-Pro Off Road 5" Springs - 35x15.50x15 Super Swampers
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.