New project - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New project

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 02-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
J33Pyj
1995 ZJ 

New project

here is what i started with

Here it is with body removed

I decided to build a trail rig instead of putting more money into my red J33P. I really like how the red one looks handles on/off road. So i decided to just build a true trail rig in my spare time and as money allows.

Here are my ideas for the build.
1. 350 SB
2. trubo 400 tranny
3. Atlas t-case
4. D-44 front and rear or D-60 depending on which i find a
better deal on when time comes.
5. OX Locker front and rear
6. Gears not sure what ratio i'll need yet
7. Tire size somewhere around 35-37"
8. Full Tube body

I plan on this taking about 12-18 months to get done and i will need lots of help in the info area so please be patient with me if i dont understand your answers the first time. I will be building this all in my own garage unless i am taking it to someones place to get help with tube bending or welding. I have never built a rockcrawler before so i am looking forward to this problems and all. I will post pics of the entire build and any and all advice is welcome as i know i will need all the advice i can get.

90 yj/ 4:88 gears/33x12.50x15 Super Swamper TRXUS Mud Terrains/K&N air system/2.5L/D30front aussie equip'd/D35 rear / 3in BL/ 2in shackle lift / XRC8 Winch

If you havent broken it, you havent been wheelin
J33Pyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
bigbelman2009
1989 YJ Wrangler 

good luck with your build, can't wait to see everything that you are gonna be doing
bigbelman2009 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
rrisher
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Good Luck with the build, It's always exciting to see how these rigs mature.... Enjoy every step of your build-up!
rrisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2009, 07:22 AM   #4
J33Pyj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrisher View Post
Good Luck with the build, It's always exciting to see how these rigs mature.... Enjoy every step of your build-up!
I plan on it. Been wanting to do this for a long time now. My 7yr old keeps taking bolts out of this thing i didnt even know it had. This is being built for me and him so at least he wants to be envolved which is great since this will go to him when i start another 5 or so years down the road.
90 yj/ 4:88 gears/33x12.50x15 Super Swamper TRXUS Mud Terrains/K&N air system/2.5L/D30front aussie equip'd/D35 rear / 3in BL/ 2in shackle lift / XRC8 Winch

If you havent broken it, you havent been wheelin
J33Pyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.