new member-question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > new member-question

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 10-16-2001, 12:31 PM   #1
sideline

new member-question

I just bought a 92 YJ with 111,000 miles-one owner for $1,200-a good buy I think. He also put on a new top. I just sold a piece of crap 90 XJ. I want to put a Skyjacker 2.5-3 inch suspension on it. Any comments about this product?

sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2001, 09:21 PM   #2
bob91yj

I ran my Skyjackers SUA for a year, and SOA for a few months now, they tend to sag, but they sure ride nice. Probably buy a new set for the front soon. Really happy with the flex on 'em.
I think they are actually called a 2-2.5" lift and with a 4.0L closer to 2 than 2.5".
Unread 10-16-2001, 09:47 PM   #3
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by bob91yj:
I ran my Skyjackers SUA for a year, and SOA for a few months now, they tend to sag, but they sure ride nice. Probably buy a new set for the front soon. Really happy with the flex on 'em.
I think they are actually called a 2-2.5" lift and with a 4.0L closer to 2 than 2.5".
Bob have you seen what those Skyjackers are doing on Chris' Jeep? I saw him yesterday while I was helping a stranded motorist with two flats. Kinda looks funny since the low corner just happens to be the same one that got smashed on the Rubicon. I think the only guys ever happy with Skyjackers are the ones that put them on top of the axle. Even then, they don't satisfy all of them.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2001, 07:48 PM   #4
bob91yj

Chris has had a bad spring almost from the beginning, his right rear corner sags bad. He's just never gotten around to doing anything about it. Funny thing is he's only got one shock on the freakin' Jeep, right front. He punched a hole in the left front before the trip to the Rubicon, and broke the rear shock mounts on the way to the Rubicon.
I've been happy with mine, but then again they are the only springs I've ever had on the Jeep. My fronts are pretty much done, I rebuilt them a couple of weeks ago, added a full length from stock YJ pack, and replaced one of the middle leafs with a YJ leaf. Not extending my bump stops after the SOA probably accelerated the sag on the fronts. I've put big time negative arch on those springs, and pretty much S shaped them.
The rebuild was a band aid till I can get new ones. I stopped at National Spring the other day, they want $500 for a set of 2.5" fronts, but will only warranty for 6mos.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.