new member, new to me jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > new member, new to me jeep

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
Claymonster
1993 YJ Wrangler 

new member, new to me jeep

I just bought my first jeep, a 93 with 2.5l in it she's kinda rough but was the right price and i should be able to have her road worthy in a few weeks below are the pictures that show her in purchased form, i plan on moving her from my job to my shop this week and then she's getting torn apart. Currently sitting with a 4" lift unknown brand on 31's, needs spider gears in the rear rear, a windshield, a steering column and seats. I'm sure i will find more things once i tear into it. For now enjoy the pics, i plan updating pretty frequently. Thanks for looking all feedback is welcome

Claymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #2
VACJ5
1991 YJ Wrangler 

only YJ guys can look at that... smile and say...nice jeep!

BeachMetalWorks Custom CNC cut Jeep parts & more
VACJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ5 View Post

I was also thinking hmm not bad at all a little TLC and your good to go lol
bogleparsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
Skydmark1
1998 ZJ 

Funny how that goes isn't it....looks like a good place to start! For me, if it's running and has a good frame....the rest is just details!
Unread 08-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hi, welcome to the club! Yep you got your work cut out for you... but at least you found the best place to hang out online!
oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
clarkjdg
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Reminds me of my sweetheart before I started fixing her up. Ohhhhh the joys of Love !!!!!
(o) )-(o) )-*-) )
88 YJ, Smittybilt SRC Front, Side, and Rear Armor, Family Roll Bars, TJ Flares, and Half Doors
4"Leaf, 2"Body, and 1"Leaf Lift, 4.10 Geared Dana 30 Posi with Cable Engage, Ford 8.8 Posi, With 33s BFGs MT KM2
Everything "Black" Inner, Under, and outer "Black" on the Body is "Bed Linered" and I will be Thru the day that I Die!
clarkjdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #7
dtn8tr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymonster View Post
I just bought my first jeep, a 93 with 2.5l in it she's kinda rough but was the right price and i should be able to have her road worthy in a few weeks below are the pictures that show her in purchased form, i plan on moving her from my job to my shop this week and then she's getting torn apart. Currently sitting with a 4" lift unknown brand on 31's, needs spider gears in the rear rear, a windshield, a steering column and seats. I'm sure i will find more things once i tear into it. For now enjoy the pics, i plan updating pretty frequently. Thanks for looking all feedback is welcome

Nice start to a Jeep. Just want you to check something...The one shot that you have from the drivers side front you can see a sticker on the axle if I'm correct. That looks like an Old Man Emu Dakar sticker. Judging by that and the the shots from the side with 31's what you have is actually an OME 2.5" lift. if you take a look at some of the pics in my profile you can see the OME 2.5" with 31s. The shot that really makes me think that though is from the right rear, where you can see the height of the wheel well opening compared to the top of the tire.

Most good stories start out "Y'all ain't gonna believe this ****...."
dtn8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #8
Claymonster
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ5 View Post
LOL thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydmark1 View Post
Funny how that goes isn't it....looks like a good place to start! For me, if it's running and has a good frame....the rest is just details!
It runs pretty good, has solid oil pressure and only 110k

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtime_ironman View Post
Hi, welcome to the club! Yep you got your work cut out for you... but at least you found the best place to hang out online!
lol i have been lurking here for a few weeks while negotiations went down, now i can hang out on here while i wait for parts to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtn8tr View Post
Nice start to a Jeep. Just want you to check something...The one shot that you have from the drivers side front you can see a sticker on the axle if I'm correct. That looks like an Old Man Emu Dakar sticker. Judging by that and the the shots from the side with 31's what you have is actually an OME 2.5" lift. if you take a look at some of the pics in my profile you can see the OME 2.5" with 31s. The shot that really makes me think that though is from the right rear, where you can see the height of the wheel well opening compared to the top of the tire.
i will check this out and see, thanks it appears that the front axle has been permantantly engaged, when i shift the transfer case no 4x4 light comes on and there doesn't appear to be any vacuum lines attached to the actuator. Is this ok for road use or will it damage my front axle in anyways?
Unread 08-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #9
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It probably has a locker on it with TJ shafts. If it has a locker then it should disenguage when you corner. You'll feel it hop if it doesn't.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #10
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Might want to make sure it's got TJ shafts, something that's balanced, otherwise you'll get bad vibes the whole time.

Looks like a start. Probably should rip the interior and seats out then hose it all down.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #11
Claymonster
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
It probably has a locker on it with TJ shafts. If it has a locker then it should disenguage when you corner. You'll feel it hop if it doesn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Might want to make sure it's got TJ shafts, something that's balanced, otherwise you'll get bad vibes the whole time.

Looks like a start. Probably should rip the interior and seats out then hose it all down.
how would i verify that they are tj shafts?
Unread 08-22-2011, 07:09 PM   #12
oldtime_ironman
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymonster View Post
how would i verify that they are tj shafts?
Easy way is jack up the front end and turn the passenger's side front tire by hand. See if the front driveshaft turns.
oldtime_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #13
Claymonster
1993 YJ Wrangler 

sounds easy enough
Unread 08-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #14
Claymonster
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post

i did exactly that .... got the seats out had to cut the D/S out with a torch the studs were frozen. got a couple more pics. a couple of the d/s seat bolt holes one the stub pulled threw and another the floor is all cracked around it, and then a couple of various holes in the floor and side panels i need to fix, I am hoping to get it to my shop tom. and them i can pull out the roll cage and the dash to start fixing the floor and to paint it and then to the out side for paint and repair.

Also i inspected the front spring better after the first round with the pressure washer, it has super lift shocks and springs, the PO said it was 4" but i have to get the part number off the spring sticker and see

Unread 08-23-2011, 01:16 PM   #15
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

good luck with that roll bar! i just did mine on sunday, and if you had problems getting the seat bolts out youre going to have a hell of time getting those ones out. overall the jeep looks good, great place to start
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.