New to me 92 yj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New to me 92 yj

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-04-2014, 06:30 PM   #1
scott3483
1992 YJ Wrangler 

New to me 92 yj

So i traded a 99 accord with a recon. Title and 244k miles for a 92 yj with 215k on a 2.5 with a clean title. It's got a 5 speed. Doesn't appear to leak any fluids. Runs ok, could use a tune up. Only problems are the back glass in the hard top is missing. It still has the hinges and the gas shocks for it tho. Can i buy the glass hatch? Am i missing parts other than the glass? Also it came with sliding window half door uppers. The passenger side is missing the plastic on the outside so it's ugly and tons of wind and rain will get in. Can i buy just that plastic piece or do i have to buy all new ones? This is going to be my winter over the pass rig so i need it to keep the rain out.

scott3483 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
langwilliams
1995 YJ Wrangler 

From what I've read getting replacement glass for hard tops is expensive IF you can find it. Cut a piece of cardboard to fit the opening in back an cut one out of plexi glass. drill holes for the hinge bolts.
langwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #3
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Cheapest I could find, don't know anything about the supplier though:
http://www.thejeephut.com/rear-glass...95-non-heated/
mike134 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #4
scott3483
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Is there supposed to be a piece on the bottom of tge glass? Because if so, i don't have it
scott3483 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.