new MC2100: no idle - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > new MC2100: no idle

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 05-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #16
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

what is the choke setting at when its running? maybe its choking out?

Unread 05-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #17
orengutan
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I've actually avoided touching the choke as much as possible. It IS supposed to be pre-set for me (it's a fully manual one). I've tried starting the jeep with the choke plate manually closed, tho, and got nothing.
orengutan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #18
MaddBones702
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Have you used carb cleaner at the intake mounting of the adapter, throttle linkage of the carb, all the vacuum connections, including that hole? What have you done with the charcoal canister? Are all the different vacuum points on the intake manifold and exhaust manifold used or sufficiently blocked? Spray carb cleaner.

Lastly, keep in mind that there could be a problem with the carb!!!!!! I went through two carbs from the ebay guy before I gave up on what was a never ending battle with vacuum problems. First carb after one month of back and forth emails he sent a replacement. After problems with the second one he stopped responding to my emails. Got one from an econoline van with a 351 from car quest and its is perfect!!!!!!!
Unread 05-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #19
orengutan
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Seriously? The only reason I went with him is to have some kind of guarantee that I'm buying a functional item...

I've plugged everything everywhere that I can find. I plugged the urge signal to the canister but some of it needs to be left open to let it vent, no? Either way, the rest of the EGR (the CTO, the actual switch, etc, are all capped off completely).

I'm assuming the carb is functional because I HAVE had it running before I nuttered.
Unread 05-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #20
MTPKTS
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Just wondering

Not giving the name of the guy, Did you get it from a guy from Colorado Springs, Co.? I have been trying to reach him because my carb was missing the electric choke. I have not had any luck reaching him.
MTPKTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #21
orengutan
1989 YJ Wrangler 

yeah, the same guy. The few times I've talked to him (via email) he's seemed very knowledgeable. I'm still operating on the assumption that its just my own fault here…

first thing tomorrow morning, I'm going to check on that damn canister (I don't believe its the problem but what do I know…) and all of the vac hoses again. I have to be missing something obvious. maybe I'll even de-nutter it… tho that doesn't really make any sense to me.
Unread 05-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #22
MTPKTS
1988 YJ Wrangler 

posted

Keep us posted please, i have e-talked to him a couple times and cannot get any response from him now. i will be doing my swap next week and will let you know if i have the same issues. Good luck
MTPKTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #23
orengutan
1989 YJ Wrangler 

so what should the situation at the canister be, if I'm not using my EGR?

cap everything except to the fuel tank? I'm assuming there needs to be some sort of outlet left, right?
Unread 06-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #24
orengutan
1989 YJ Wrangler 

followup: I was gone for a while travelling so I didn't have much time to work on this. however, I got some help on another thread here on statically timing the jeep with a protractor. I set the distributor to 20 degrees from TDC (which translates to 10 at the crank) and after a bit of harassment it started right up and held an idle. mildly irregular (next thing to figure outů) but its running!

thanks a lot for all the help guys!
Unread 06-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #25
evanjeep
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Im looking at one on ebay the guy is from maine. One is electric choke for 270 and the other manual choke for 280
evanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #26
MaddBones702
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'd go with electric choke. Easy to adjust and once set you don't have to do anything else.
Unread 06-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #27
evanjeep
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Im thinking on it
evanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
idle , mc2100

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.