New to Jeeps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New to Jeeps

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 05-07-2008, 06:36 AM   #1
tek3434

New to Jeeps

So I have a 88 4.2 and yesterday I changed the value gasket and let the gasket harden over night. I got up this morning and started to drive it and everything was fine till I started to see some grey smoke come out of the tail pipe as i was driving. I pulled over and then it stopped. I have a link from the value gasket but do you think that smoke could be coming from the oil on the header?

tek3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Are you positive the smoke was coming out of the tail pipe?
Burrning oil off the header/manifold sounds more reasonable to me, especially since you just changed the gasket and it stopped doing it.
DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #3
tek3434

Im going to check tonight. I just didnt like all the smoke.
tek3434 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.