New to Jeeps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New to Jeeps

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-11-2006, 01:23 PM   #1
knarfie

New to Jeeps

Bought my first Jeep this week, its a 92 with the 6 cylinder. Don't know if I'll be doing much off roading yet but who knows. I've been doing some reading in here and it looks like the majority says the track bars are unnecessary. Is this true? Anyone got any good pros and cons on this issue? Any other things I should be checking out? I already replaced the tires and shocks, the dude who had it before made his own bushings for the shocks out of raidaitor hose So who knows what else is hanging on by a thread. Anyways,,, all in all a pretty cool truck/car/allpurposevehicle.

knarfie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2006, 01:26 PM   #2
Redskinswin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Check for Rust....all over the place. Pull up the carpets, check the body mounts, check every nook and cranny and replace/repair what you can.
Unread 05-11-2006, 02:17 PM   #3
knarfie

Already did that, from what I know from Carfax the Jeep came from Texas and the only rust besides some of the chrome bolts from the bolt on catalog is a spot on the body where he hit something. Under the carpet looks great as well as the under carrage. I like the fact that the interior is all open so the rust cant hide very well. Thanks for the heads up.
knarfie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
jeep_chinto

sounds like you got a good find just replace stuff as its needed and have fun with it..
jeep_chinto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2006, 02:27 PM   #5
dell2028
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds pretty sweet. I got rid of both trac bars and I love it. I was hesitent about the sway bars, but I'm never gonna put them back on since I took them off last weekend. Start with the rear (It might take a while) and see what you think. Then go to the front trac bar if you like. Then you could go all the way if you like and remove the sway bars. Happy Jeepin.

95 YJ, D30/8.8 w/ 4.88s, SOA, 35x14.50x16.5 Pit Bull Mud Dawgs, 101" Wheelbase, Custom Front Bumper, Winch, Custom Rear Tow Points, Traction Bar, Aussie Locker in front, 20 Gal. Gas Tank modification, Hurculiner Tub, Custom Rear Bumper, SYE and CV shaft, BTF Cross-over Steering, RCI 2191 fuel cell, BTF Rockers, RE 1.5" SOA springs up front and XJ springs in the rear

Down the line a bit...engine swap, the list goes on.
dell2028 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.