New to jeeps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New to jeeps

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinLedlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 02-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
YJ94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

New to jeeps

This is on the description of original running boards for a 91 Yj that someone is trying to sell on ebay, can someone tell me what exactly this means?

--The step treads from the factory would have screwed into the metal brackets. These pair broke off the metal brackets. That being said it really does not effect anything because they bolt in place to the side of the body. If it bothers you it would be pretty easy to secure them to the metal bracket with some liquid nails or similar adhesive but it is really not neccessary

Unread 02-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
lestes94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah. The steps that come stock on some YJ's have a flimsy plastic grip thing that I'm pretty sure that you cannot find new. Anyway, the plastic piece has two studs on the bottom which attach to thick metal brackets for support. There are also 4 holes in the plastic for bolts that go into the rocker panel. What that ad is saying is that the lower studs are broken off. Each of mine only have one stud and 3 bolts, and they've stayed on just fine.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.