New to Jeep / ??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New to Jeep / ???

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 02-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
Rshort1975

New to Jeep / ???

Picked up a 89 YJ over the weekend. Has a Jegs ZZ4 small block with a 700 R4 trans. The YJ has a 231 transfer case with a slip yoke eliminator. My question is how can I connect the speedo cable to SYE. I see the cable zip tied to the frame and see a place that it would connect to the SYE but it does not connect. Is there any adapter to make this work?

Forgive me because I am new to Jeeps let alone 4 wheel drives. I just moved up from a Yamaha side by side to this Jeep.

img_4356.jpg  
Rshort1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
YJ4LIFE
1989 YJ Wrangler 

If its a super short sye you need an electric speedo. If its a regular sye there should be a spot for the cable
Unread 03-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
bdavid
1988 YJ Wrangler 

good looking jeep. Welcome to the biggest addiction lol
bdavid is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.