New here, thought Id show off my 95' build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New here, thought Id show off my 95' build

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #16
r7069c
1993 YJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Billyjoebob007;8643016]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoudad View Post
Bought this YJ at the end of Sept. for crawling around the TX hill country and in NM.

Ive replaced the cooling system, new Optima yellow top, Brown Dog MM, RE 2.5" lift with RE 5" greasable shackles, MT signature classicII wheels, 31"x10.5" MTR kevlars, Smitty XRC8 comp winch, Smitty SRC rear bumper, new rotors/pads, few things on the interior..... Next is a SYE for the TC and drive shaft.

Quote :

What lift did you install ?
He already said: Rubicon Express (RE)

r7069c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #17
chadroc
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
Nice clean looking Sahara. It's really hard to find them in that good of condition. I plan on putting a build thread on here once I get the time to snap some pictures and really go into detail about some of the mods I've done. Keep the pics and mods coming .

I know everyone here is telling you to ditch the SYE plans, but I am behind you. The SYE will allow you to remove your t-case drop and pull the skid plate back up where it should be. I had some slight vibes after installing my 2.5", even with the 1" t-case drop. I went with a SYE and TW CV shaft and now everything is butter smooth. It's also just good maintenance, as the slip yoke is one of the weaker parts of the NP231. If you ever break a shaft you don't have to worry about the yoke sliding out an emptying you t-case fluid (making a bad situation worse). Doing the SYE is not a necessity in your situation, but probably a good idea. If you don't have any other more important projects to tackle, it's a good one to take on.

I agree with him. It takes a week link out of your driveline. I dumped the clutch on a jeep I had on 31's trying to smoke the tires(don't ask what I was thinking). The Dana35 held up fine. No SYE- The rear tail shaft didn't, neither did the back half of the TC housing. It was ugly.

Last edited by chadroc; 01-08-2010 at 07:58 AM..
chadroc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #18
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadroc View Post
I agree with him. It takes a week link out of your driveline. I dumped the clutch on a jeep I had on 31's trying to smoke the tires(don't ask what I was thinking). The Dana35 held up fine. No SYE- The rear tail shaft didn't, neither did the back half of the TC housing. It was ugly.
I did the same thing on my 30x10.5's and all my stuff held up fine after attempting it a few times on dry ground. It powered them like a champ on wet.

And free revving is one of the worst things you can do to the engine really.
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2010, 06:00 PM   #19
aoudad
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Put a OME steering stab on. And straightened my steering wheel from the lift.....ah much better lol

Oh and I got the replacement rubber corners for my hardtop, and a seal kit, Hopefull Ill pull the top Saturday if it aint raining.

Last edited by aoudad; 01-11-2010 at 06:19 PM..
aoudad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #20
honda250ex
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hey man thanks for the reply.. How do you like the kit? Also with your 31s did you re-gear Nice YJ

THANKS-MIKE-
Unread 01-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #21
aoudad
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda250ex View Post
Hey man thanks for the reply.. How do you like the kit? Also with your 31s did you re-gear Nice YJ

THANKS-MIKE-
I didnt regear, but Its fine, just a little slower getting up to 60-70 on the HWY, but nothing I cant deal with. Its not my DD, so not too critical. I love the lift, it was easy to put on, took one day with help from a friend.....with hand tools lol. Have yet to take it off roading, but here in a couple weeks Im headed to do some rock climbing, cant wait!
Unread 01-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #22
honda250ex
1987 YJ Wrangler 

alright thanks man your help is appreciated... did you need to buy anything besides the lift like shackles or anything like that? Also what did you find to be the hardest part of the lift ?

THANKS-MIKE-
Unread 01-14-2010, 12:37 AM   #23
honda250ex
1987 YJ Wrangler 

you got any more pictures ? Thanks -MIKE-
Unread 01-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #24
aoudad
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
alright thanks man your help is appreciated... did you need to buy anything besides the lift like shackles or anything like that? Also what did you find to be the hardest part of the lift ?

THANKS-MIKE-
I bought the RE 5" greasable shackles. Hardest part was had to drop the gas tank to get the top bolts on the shackles off, and back in. And the brake line under the stock air box was a pain. Other than that it was pretty easy.

Any specific pics? I can take more tonight...
Unread 01-14-2010, 05:05 PM   #25
honda250ex
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Just some pictures side shots anything, if you can thanks man.
I'm planning on ordering the lift tomorrow...
Unread 01-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #26
honda250ex
1987 YJ Wrangler 

So with the 5" greasable shackles from RE , did it really lift 1" ?
Unread 01-15-2010, 07:32 AM   #27
aoudad
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So with the 5" greasable shackles from RE , did it really lift 1" ?
I think the 5" shackles lift it 1/2".....Im guessing the stock springs were worn out, thus giving me the 1/2-1" more than I thought it would. Im anxious to see what they settle to. It was raining yesterday after work, Ill try and pull her out of the garage after work today and get some more pics
Unread 01-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #28
blake989
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
I think every Jeep is a little different from the experiences I've read on here. Some people need one, and some don't. If you don't have vibes, then it's probably not a big issue.

I went ahead and went with the SYE because I plan on keeping my Jeep for a long time and I was getting some slight vibes. I also like the fact that I went ahead and addressed one of the weak spots in my YJ's drive train. I'm planning on doing a 8.8 swap later on down the road to take care of the other weak link.

My Jeep is my DD and I figure getting a SYE is cheaper than fixing my undercarriage after a drive shaft flails around under there on the highway.
Mne would rattle your teeth out with only a 2.5" lift.
Unread 01-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #29
crazyquadder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

if u want to seee a real truck look at mine maybe eventaully ill upgrade the pictures 89 yj those pictures are old as hell i have there almost a year
crazyquadder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #30
youngYJ95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
if u want to seee a real truck look at mine maybe eventaully ill upgrade the pictures 89 yj those pictures are old as hell i have there almost a year
sorry man, 20's with 33's just isn't appealing to me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.