new heater question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > new heater question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
rdubya
1995 YJ Wrangler 

new heater question

I tried reading all the posts on heaters but mine seems different. Most folks don't get any heat or not enough mine will not turn off. Even when the vent is on the drivers side has heat coming in, cool on passenger side hot drivers. I don't mind now but last summer was not fun here in So Cal. What do I need to look at? Can someone give me and idea?

rdubya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The hvac levers and cables are not moving the doors. Check the cables are working.
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
rdubya
1995 YJ Wrangler 

That was my first guess. Next question, I have factory A/C (yeah I know, what's that, but here in the desert with a hard top it does come in handy) will I have to drop the A/C or is there a way of looking, feeling around to see why they aren't working? What exactly should I be looking at? I've had my YJ since new and it is just now starting to have little things break. Backup light switch started to blow fuses. At Qudratack it was $19.99-$5.00 shipping, at 4Wheel Drive it was $89.99 for the same switch.
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

B/U light switch may be shorted I would use a meter and check the wiring first.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Check the 6 way connector that is below the battery at the bottom of the firewall. It is close enough to touch the exhaust and burn through the wires. Exact same thing was happening to me.
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
rdubya
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It's the switch. Crawled under and disconected it a few days ago and put a new fuse in, no problem, reconect the switch, shift into reverse and the fuse blows. So far everything is working fine except I can't turn off the heater.
Unread 02-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #7
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

The blower motor continues to run???? Slam the slide lever and hopefully the switch it actuated will shut off. Mine goes on and off on the trail all the time.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #8
rdubya
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It's not the blower motor. It's just heat. When I put the heat on it will work normal, when I move the levers to the off position I still get heat (not as much but still some hot air). If I move the levers to vent, cooler air comes in through the passenger side while hot air comes in on the drivers. It's not bad now but during the summer it's a real pain. I'm guessing the cables are loose or off, I just have to figure out how to get to them. I'm hoping I don't have to remove the dash or A/C.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.