New to the forum - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New to the forum

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
khvnp1l0t
1994 YJ Wrangler 

New to the forum

Hi all,

If there's some kind of intro thread this should be in, I apologize. I'm not very familiar with this forum yet. I've been lurking a lot, though, so I figured I'd introduce myself. Name's Charlie, I've been a YJ owner for 3 years now. It was my first real car, before I bought it I was driving my dad's exploder just after I got my license. The story of how I came across my jeep is in my profile, so I won't go into that here.
Anyway, I was very new to jeeps when I bought my car. I wasn't new to working on cars in general, though, which was a life saver after I drove the car for a few months (I learned first hand, despite the previous owners warnings, why I got it so cheap). I have a love-hate relationship with my car, but I love being under it and wrenching with it. I've found this forum very useful in researching problems specific to the YJ, and I figured I'd just join to be able to post any questions I found I couldnt come up with in searching the forum. I'm just coming out of a 6-day fiasco trying to replace my cat and muffler, but I guess doing stuff like that builds character. All in all I just wanted to introduce myself, be able to benefit from the collective knowledge of other jeep owners here, be able to contribute if I can, and just have fun swapping stories and what not

khvnp1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome! That's what forums are all about, collective knowledge, and sharing information.
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
242TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum and the "Just Empty Every Pocket" world.

You will find a lot of help here. Don't hesitate to jump right into some current threads.
242TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by khvnp1l0t View Post
I'm just coming out of a 6-day fiasco trying to replace my cat and muffler, but I guess doing stuff like that builds character.
Get ready for a whole lot of those...It's ok though, you'll get used to it.
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
khvnp1l0t
1994 YJ Wrangler 

ooh yeah, haha. the first thing I had to do on it was replace a brake line, -that- was fun.
khvnp1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.