New to the forum - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New to the forum

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 04-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
flipit13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

New to the forum

JUst wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the community.
my name is rick and after looking for years have finally found a cheap jeep to rebuild and call my own. i found a 93 wrangler with a crate motor in it with 3k and a blown tranny for 750 what a steal.

just looking for a place to drop the tanny and my friend is going to rebuild for 500 i am stoked

rick

flipit13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

$750 is freakin' awesome. Have you checked the frame for rust? Common places are usually at the rear where the shackle goes to the frame.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
flipit13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

hey louie yeah i did and nothing a little steel brush and eastwood solvent cant fix. its not my first i had and xj and a 89 carbed yj that i drove through a pool hall lol longgggggggg story. i am just one of those guys that hates to pay a ton for what i can make mine lol.... and to be honest i have seen the jeep in the same spot for a year and know the guy very well lol go figure lol
Unread 04-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
Mark4883
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the Jeep and welcome to the forum man!
Mark4883 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
flipit13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

thanks mark
i am so stoked cause when i did my older jeeps i was in the dark and the internet just made life easier lol. i love forum cause you get the good and bad from people that know and the people that dont lol. and you can do a hell of alot more research. i dont do alot of off roading just love the fact of a convertible in the summmer and hard in the summer. i just like to know if a friend is stuck i am able to help them out and then go skiing lol with my wife and daughters
Unread 04-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
Wheelman286
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome... I'm pretty new here myself but I've been a Jeep person since I was about 6. Nice job on the 93... YJs are the business. They are the perfect combination of modern touches with old school utility. And you've already got alot of us beat with a crate in yours... is it a 350 or a Stroked 4.0 or what? As far as not wanting to pay alot for what you can make yours... always remember this... "Jeeps aren't bought... they're made"
Unread 04-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
flipit13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

hey wheelman
its a 4.o i love the straight six. i also know and thank you for reminding me about the true jeep phrase "Jeeps aren't bought... they're made" lol. now just to find a place to rip out the old and bring in the new lol.
rick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.