New exhaust system questions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New exhaust system questions.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsEngo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 Lum

Unread 08-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
sgtscotch
1995 YJ Wrangler 

New exhaust system questions.

Looking to replace my exhaust system from the headers all the way back to the tail pipe. So I am just gathering info for my 95 wrangler, 2.5L.

Do I have this right, in order?

Headers http://www.quadratec.com/products/17601_502_07.htm

Front pipe http://www.quadratec.com/products/51409_06.htm

Not sure about this next part, about the "Cat-back system". I assume it's everything behind the cat? If so then I would need something like this...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/51410_102_07.htm

Then would come the cat back system..
http://www.quadratec.com/products/17605_500.htm

Not really concerned with the product type at the moment, just want to make sure I have the order of the exhaust system is correct. Any input on what is the best product type/name brand to go with for exhaust feel free to pitch in. Thanks,

Sgt. Scotch.

sgtscotch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The order is correct (headers, head pipe, cat, muffler, tailpipe) - but,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtscotch View Post
the link you've provided for the front pipe is actually for the tailpipe. This should be the head pipe for the 95 2.5L http://www.quadratec.com/products/51403_14.htm

You are correct in surmising that a cat-back system does not include the cat.

I recently replaced my cat and cat-back exhaust. I went with a Magnaflow cat and an OEM style cat-back from Walker Exhaust (alias - Dynomax in the 4WheelParts catalog). The kit has the QuietFlow SS muffler which is mellow in tone, just a tad deeper than stock. This is probably the equivalent for your 2.5L Dynomax kit. Probably performs just a little better than stock. Inexpensive too.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
rpenczek
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Searh this forum before you buy. I did a total exhust replacement on my 95 about a year ago. I purchased everything from Qtec except the manifold, which I got at A1 autoparts.

The head pipe (between manifold and cat) I purchased from Qtec that would not bolt up to a OE manifold. Several other posters had the same issue with the headpipe from Qtec. I purchased a headpipe from Napa at 1/2 the cost and it worked great. So my exhust is as follows:

Manifold (OE, not sure of brand)
Headpipe - Napa
Cat - Magnaflow
Cat back Gibson.

All working well
rpenczek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
EABiker
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Is the manifold you have now bad?
EABiker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
iowajeepers
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thats a great way to blow $387 needlessly, but if you got the cash, go for it.

1994 YJ, 2000 TJ, 2000 XJ, 2004 WJ, 1976 Stingray
iowajeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #6
sgtscotch
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowajeepers View Post
Thats a great way to blow $387 needlessly, but if you got the cash, go for it.
What do you mean?
Unread 08-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #7
sgtscotch
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpenczek View Post
Searh this forum before you buy. I did a total exhust replacement on my 95 about a year ago. I purchased everything from Qtec except the manifold, which I got at A1 autoparts.

The head pipe (between manifold and cat) I purchased from Qtec that would not bolt up to a OE manifold. Several other posters had the same issue with the headpipe from Qtec. I purchased a headpipe from Napa at 1/2 the cost and it worked great. So my exhust is as follows:

Manifold (OE, not sure of brand)
Headpipe - Napa
Cat - Magnaflow
Cat back Gibson.

All working well
That is some good intel, thanks! Kinda along the lines of what I was looking for, I was unsure about the head pipe just by looking at the pictures. I'll give napa a ring tomorrow and have them order one. Thanks.
Unread 08-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #8
sgtscotch
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonRubicon View Post
The order is correct (headers, head pipe, cat, muffler, tailpipe) - but,

the link you've provided for the front pipe is actually for the tailpipe. This should be the head pipe for the 95 2.5L http://www.quadratec.com/products/51403_14.htm

You are correct in surmising that a cat-back system does not include the cat.

I recently replaced my cat and cat-back exhaust. I went with a Magnaflow cat and an OEM style cat-back from Walker Exhaust (alias - Dynomax in the 4WheelParts catalog). The kit has the QuietFlow SS muffler which is mellow in tone, just a tad deeper than stock. This is probably the equivalent for your 2.5L Dynomax kit. Probably performs just a little better than stock. Inexpensive too.
Nice, good intel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.