new dizzy adjustment problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > new dizzy adjustment problems

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
jr4x4
1996 ZJ 

new dizzy adjustment problems

ok 1990 4.2yj just did weber 32/36 ,team rush & nutter & got a cardone pre smog dizzy. ever since new dizzy im getting a rattle-detonation when i give small revs only happens with no load. and also pretty much goes away when i unplug vacuum from dizzy. so i checked the adjustment on vac canister & it was tight all the way clockwise. so hrabed my allen key and turned it back. ok not enough. so went to put allen key back in canister & it no longer fits. ive tried every size. ive been at this all night. it fit fine the first time. what the hell could have happened. im stumped. with a small allen key i canfeel it go in that extra bit. but next size up dont. but it did before. please any help would be great. i dont want to destroy my engine with this knocking /pinging sound. thanks..

jr4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
zeus87gn
Automotive Neurosurgeon

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Try a metric Allen wrench

"Man has not yet evolved an inch from the primordial slime that spawned him." Mark Blankfield, Jekyll & Hyde... Together again

Holley Carb thread
zeus87gn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
jr4x4
1996 ZJ 

ive even tried my friends. mine fit fine. nice and snug. then i went to go adjust it again and no matter what it wont fit. i know how stupid this sounds. i was thinking maybe the screw fell out. is that possable?? i have it turned out (counter clockwise) about 7-8 i think.
jr4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
zeus87gn
Automotive Neurosurgeon

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr4x4 View Post
i was thinking maybe the screw fell out. is that possable?? i have it turned out (counter clockwise) about 7-8 i think.
Hmm, good question - I never though of that but never had the problem
Im not really sure - never had to move it more than a turn or three
Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in
Those diaphragms arent servicable either

"Man has not yet evolved an inch from the primordial slime that spawned him." Mark Blankfield, Jekyll & Hyde... Together again

Holley Carb thread
zeus87gn is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.