Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New build started at the shop today

842 views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  plym49 
#1 ·
#3 ·
#4 ·
Max--you putting stuff like this in GD would be like me trying to publish childrens' stories.......ask a Mod to move it into YJ tech so we can watch your build as you add to it. You know an LS swap is next on my list after I get my 9" and narrowed 70's Ford 44 in the YJ. :wave:

#6 ·
The Dropbox file link is now in this thread, so anytime I update the file with new pics they can be viewed by using the same link.

Max

#5 ·
#8 ·
Yep, and more coming. I have another SBC/700r4 swap waiting outside.

Yes it is, but I did it sneaky so it's hard to tell......I used a fishplate to strengthen the frame rails & made it much thicker on the driver's side to offset the drivetrain. This picture shows a diamond shaped fishplate, but mine are more rectangular with diamond shaped ends.

I'm not sure about the Hurst shifter. I'll be using a transmission mounted Lokar linkage style shifter.

Max

#13 ·
Yeah, I saw that difference in the two.

If my memory from earlier today hasn't checked out for the day, I believe the YJ frame rails are around 28-3/4" inside to inside. I think.

What's the width on the Hurst style cradle?

Max

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.