New addition to the Family - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > New addition to the Family

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #1
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

New addition to the Family

Hey guys
My gf and I Just recently got a 92 YJ for 4K Originally we wanted a TJ but with our limited funds we found this YJ in a Damn good condition . It has no leaks and interior isn't bad at all and man this thing call haul ASSSSSSS !!!!!
Specs:
1992 Jeep Wrangler
4.0L I6 MPI AMC 242 "Power Tech HO" (High Output)
120K miles
AX-15 5speed
Front dana 30 - 4.10 gear ratio
Rear dana 35 - 4.10 gear ratio
I think it might have a lift on it but Im not sure nether was the previous owner....but we also ordered the RC 4' lift from Ryan at RC hopefully will be coming this week .

So what are some good Mods I can do to this thing ???

BTW there is a slight knocking when idling in Neutral ... what steps should I do to find the source of this problem ?? Oil and O2 sensor has just been recently changed .

Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
King03Kev
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like a sweet find. Good luck.
kevyj87 '87 I6 5spd, 215,000+ miles, Herced, Nuttered, Weber, HEI, RE 4", 1" BL, 4:11's, np231, 33x12.5's, SYE & shaft, 1" brown dog mm, home made bumpers front & rear, Ramsey 8,000lb winch
King03Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #3
CLUBSFIT
2003 WJ 

Great find!! you already have the ideal set up 4.10's and 4.0l. I added a Dynomax Ultraflo, and took off my rattling () cat, and it really made a big difference, without too much uneeded noise.
Unread 09-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #4
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

Thanks guys

Well finally finished the RC 4" lift install this weekend had alot of trouble with the pitman arm we broke one pitman arm puller then tried it with a nicer puller didn't work so just we decided to just cut it off :P Then we got some cragar soft 8's and bfgoodrich 285/70/r17 for it.
Also im going to have to get some rear boom shackles to lift the rear up a bit because its rubbing .

Man this jeep thing is expensive :maddance: .

Then we took it out on a test run with a couple of friends . Man this rides better than stock flexes really nice and the ride isn't so bumpy . So far no vibs from driveline at all the angle isn't that bad but will invest in a SYE kit anyways.

btw im thinking about painting the softtop any Idea's on how can this be done ?

Also

Anyone know any good write ups for DIY rock sliders for YJ ?

here are some pics :
Right after lift .

With Lift and 33"s

Rear sits kinda low

Unread 09-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #5
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

test run

Unread 09-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
Jim93YJ

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I noticed you put bump stop add ons on the axle....Did it come with the kit??

What kind of clearance do you have between the frame bumpstop and the axle bumpstop at ride height??

Just curious because that does not look like a lot of travel and I know you have to limit your suspension at some point so you do not damage anything.

General question...Does anyone know what the original bumpstop space is for a stock wrangler and does that have to be maintained for any lift amount??
93YJ 4.8L Vortec,AX15,Atlas 4.3:1, 4.56 Gears, Dana 30 w/ Posi-lok,Dana 44 Rear w/ Ox Locker + 99 Explorer Disk Brakes,Tom Woods D. Shafts,1" Body, 2.5" ED RE Lift, 33" BFG KM2 T/A's with MT Classic II Wheels, Herculined Inside, Electric Fan, 20 Gal Tank Conversion,Tuffy Center Console,Warn Front Bumper, Rockhard 4X4 Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier,Bushwacker Extended Flat Fender Flares,AMSoil/Redline In Everything and the List Goes On....

AND...

88YJ 4.2L: Interior and mechanical overhaul including engine replacement, nutter bypass, Weber 34 Carb, and work on a whole bunch of other things to get it back to fine running condition without the emissions control...evap cannister kept functional as well as PCV system, and manifold heater.
Jim93YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #7
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
BTW there is a slight knocking when idling in Neutral ... what steps should I do to find the source of this problem ?? Oil and O2 sensor has just been recently changed .
The sound is probably lifter tap. Its very common in inline sixes, just because the camshaft is so long. Search 'lifter tap' and you should find some fixes for it. I asked my dad about this, and he said its no real problem when at idle. If it does that at rpm's, then there's a problem. Mine does it too.
H3RTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #8
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Good lookin rig X2 on the lifter noise, mine does it tohere are some pics of mine http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/q...re092.jpgHappy Wheelin'

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #9
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

OK maybe this time, I dont understand all i know bout kuputrs http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture159.jpg
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture102.jpg
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/q...Picture092.jpg

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Unread 09-11-2008, 10:17 AM   #10
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim93YJ View Post
I noticed you put bump stop add ons on the axle....Did it come with the kit??

What kind of clearance do you have between the frame bumpstop and the axle bumpstop at ride height??

Just curious because that does not look like a lot of travel and I know you have to limit your suspension at some point so you do not damage anything.

General question...Does anyone know what the original bumpstop space is for a stock wrangler and does that have to be maintained for any lift amount??
yes bumpstop did come with the kit , idk what the clearence is I must check it out later .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
The sound is probably lifter tap. Its very common in inline sixes, just because the camshaft is so long. Search 'lifter tap' and you should find some fixes for it. I asked my dad about this, and he said its no real problem when at idle. If it does that at rpm's, then there's a problem. Mine does it too.
Thanks man ill look it up hopefuly is something easy I can fix .
Unread 09-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #11
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcandy View Post
Good lookin rig X2 on the lifter noise, mine does it tohere are some pics of mine http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/q...re092.jpgHappy Wheelin'
Thanks you jeep is nice too , what kind of lift u have on that ?
Unread 09-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #12
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

damn i can't delete post ... oh well ... bump
Unread 09-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #13
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
Thanks guys

btw im thinking about painting the softtop any Idea's on how can this be done ?

I wasn't aware you could paint a soft top. Is there a product to use?
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #14
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

shinobi: Its a RE 4.5 Extreme Duty W/AA SYE and Tom Woods shaft 33x12.5r15 Toyo Open Counry MT Been havin a great time with it Dont know anything about changing color on a soft top, my hard top is gonna go back on before the snow flies

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Unread 09-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #15
Shinobi
2001 WJ 

hey kingcandy just realized that u live in Winnemucca NV you part of Reno4x4.com???

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.