Needle grease fittings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Needle grease fittings

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-31-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Needle grease fittings

I know, its a dumb question. I have 4 places that have the needle style grease zerk. I bought the needle for the gun, but the only one that worked was the centering ball on r. driveshaft. The first ujoint on rear shaft, and the front axle ujoints just spit out grease instead of accepting.

-No they arent stuck or siezed, these are all brand new joints
-the little ball bearing does pop in when I press the needle into them

What gives? Is there some black magic to this or maybe 2 different style needles? I ended up breaking the stupid needle from pushing too hard.
Flame on /f12

Unread 03-31-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/l...48/?highlight=
Unread 03-31-2014, 06:18 PM   #3
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks man, looks like I need to get a beefier needle. at least the lil one worked on the centering ball

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.