Need tech help: intermittent wipers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need tech help: intermittent wipers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineVisit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-11-2001, 04:01 PM   #1
m10e

Need tech help: intermittent wipers

My wipers just stoped. fuse is good, & I just read that I have to take my hard top off & fold down the front window to check the wiper motor. Is it common for yj's wipers to crap out. I hope it is not the swich. I would like to know if there is an easy way to test the wiring to see what has power after the fuse. But I'll be damned if I can find the right wiring coming in or out of the steering collum.

Unread 11-12-2001, 01:18 AM   #2
Ruftags

The typical colors for wires and associations is BL(blue) for the wipers up, GY(gray) for wipers down, These two are the direct for the motor itself. There is a RD(red) for HI, WT(white) for LO and BK(black) ground. These should be the wires from motor to a plug. The wires on the other side of the plug line up this way. WT to WT/BK(white with a black tracer stripe), GY to TN/RD, RD to BL/YL,
The BL to LG/BL(this goes to the w/wiper circuit breaker) Then to module under the instrument panel next to steering column that goes to battery.
BK to BK that goes to a splice then to a ground. The other 3 go straight to a module under the instrument panel next to steering column. The wires coming out of the switch goto the same module this way. Off(YL) to off, Low(GY) to low input, Delay(DG) to pulsemode signal input, Hi(VT-violet) to hi input,Delay(BR)to pulse mode time input. PK to washer pump. The WT wire ties the off selection of mist and wash in switch to wiper/washer switch power in module. I hope this helps out enough to at least hook up some jumpers to test the motor and to check continuity of the switch.
Unread 11-12-2001, 07:47 AM   #3
m10e

Thanks, I will give it a try tonight. Just to see if it is the Switch or the Motor.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.