-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (
-   -   in need of sye (

94jeepman 11-05-2013 01:23 PM

in need of sye
I'm looking for a sye for my jeep I did a 350 swap and the guy I bought the drive train from said the t case is a 208 but it has a 261 badge on it? Any suggestions on how yo find out for sure or where I can look for sye

napaguy 11-05-2013 04:47 PM

261? you mean 231?

Joe Dillard 11-05-2013 05:55 PM

Post some quality pics so folks can possibly see/determine what you've got.

The_Goob 11-05-2013 06:04 PM

237 Attachment(s)
if it is really a 261, look here to try and verify. then order accordingly. was the 350/trans/tc out of a 2000 or newer chevy truck?

jokerchief462 11-05-2013 06:14 PM

Got advance adapters on line download the parts conversion catalog or get the number and call. If it is made they have it or can get it.

Sent from underneath my Jeep

94jeepman 11-06-2013 04:54 PM

wow I feel stupid the 208 was worn out so I couldn't read it and was reading the ratio one

SeanB95YJ 11-07-2013 05:18 AM

from what I remember (a little over a year ago) I don't think there IS a SYE for the 208... that's what originally came with my drivetrain. I ended up going with an NP241 with a shorty SYE from JB Conversions.... great product, and now my 241 with SYE is about 5" shorter than the 231 (with stock tailshaft) that I removed.... and it's probably 40 lbs or so lighter than the original 208 LOL

94jeepman 11-08-2013 12:53 PM

should I get a 205 or 241?

SeanB95YJ 11-08-2013 02:07 PM

if you currently have a 208, then a 241 would be easiest to mount (same pattern)... also a 241 will be much more common to find these days than a 205.

The time now is 08:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.