Need suggestions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need suggestions

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
austin0912
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Need suggestions

Want to build a speaker bar, any one have any suggestions? Ideas? Anyone built one they could show me?

austin0912 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I bought one from a member in the for sale area for 20 bucks. Check craiglist for all the cities in your state though an you will probably find one cheap. I got a center console for 20 bucks on Craigslist, a rugged ridge or some brand and it is nice and comfy on the elbow while driving
Unread 06-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
austin0912
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superj
I bought one from a member in the for sale area for 20 bucks. Check craiglist for all the cities in your state though an you will probably find one cheap. I got a center console for 20 bucks on Craigslist, a rugged ridge or some brand and it is nice and comfy on the elbow while driving
Honest opinion
image-2675531524.jpg   image-1980372881.jpg  
Unread 06-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like you will be in trouble on the first good bump. I am really leary of stuff above my head, especially anything I build out of wood. Woodworking and I are arch enemies from way back in the day so I automatically think the worst of anything made of wood
Unread 06-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin0912 View Post
Honest opinion
facepalm_9a08b9_59080.jpg  

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
austin0912
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage56

Explain it then? Lolol.
Unread 06-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #7
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Oh my lord, that speaker box is terrible looking. I am sorry for sounding like a DBag. But there are many other ways of building a speaker bar than mounting a block of scrap wood above your head. And held on with metal strapping.
Get a piece of 1/8th sheet metal at the measurements you need and bolt it on with the factory holes. Mine will be that once I figure out how to attach my over head console I made for it. My god, that is some jimmy rigging lol. If it works I guess.

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Dude really i don't want to sound mean in any way but i worked for a audio shop for 6years and i have seen some interesting boxes but that is just a bad idea ,

like i said before in the i made a ______ thread Get some 1/2" mdf .... Medium-density fibreboard to build from

now as far as how ????? Start by telling me what kind of speakers you plan to use. Really you don't need anything bigger than a 6.5" and one of that size only needs a space about 2-3" in depth

im working on one now that as of now looks like this

but what i am doing insted is ill be making the bottom of the pods go the full width between the roll bar then i have 4 C shaped pieces of metal that Bolt to the boxes and then to the roll bar

Again i mean no disrespect but iv'e been doing this stuff for a really long time and just trying to point you in the right direction is all

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #9
austin0912
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage56
Dude really i don't want to sound mean in any way but i worked for a audio shop for 6years and i have seen some interesting boxes but that is just a bad idea ,

like i said before in the i made a ______ thread Get some 1/2" mdf .... Medium-density fibreboard to build from

now as far as how ????? Start by telling me what kind of speakers you plan to use. Really you don't need anything bigger than a 6.5" and one of that size only needs a space about 2-3" in depth

im working on one now that as of now looks like this

but what i am doing insted is ill be making the bottom of the pods go the full width between the roll bar then i have 4 C shaped pieces of metal that Bolt to the boxes and then to the roll bar

Again i mean no disrespect but iv'e been doing this stuff for a really long time and just trying to point you in the right direction is all
Alright I gotcha. Just frustrating.
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #10
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

It would be more frustrating without the push in the right direction at this juncture. I understand your desire to build it yourself but perhaps there is one you could acquire and then reverse engineer? See what sells and make one to your specs.

I lost the PM earlier, by the by.
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.