Need some wiring help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Need some wiring help!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 03-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
ghetdjc320
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Need some wiring help!

I have an 88 YJ that had a 4.2 and I am swaping in a stroker with fuel injection. I have the harness for a 93 XJ for the engine compartment and I also have a 94 YJ dash harness. I decided to replace both because they are fairly compatible with each other and also because I am putting in a custom CJ dash so I might as well re-wire with the dash out. My problem is finding the connections to tie in with my existing body harness. The connectors are completely different. I assumed they would be different because of the rear electric fuel pump ect. I have looked at alldata and cannot find any diagrams for the dash to body connections. I can custom splice them together if I can just know what goes where. Please help!

Unread 03-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
ghetdjc320
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Bump

Anyone??
Unread 03-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

93 fsm
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowledge-base/index.htm
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
ghetdjc320
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
The problem is the body connector pinout is not in an FSM or at least not that I can find.
Unread 03-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
wncYJ

-
wncYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #6
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Body bulkhead connector.
8889yjbulkhead.jpg  
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #7
ghetdjc320
1988 YJ Wrangler 

What I need is the pinout for the connectors that attach to the dash harness and run under the drivers side door sill. I need the dash side of that connector (not the bulkhead connector) for a 94 yj
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #8
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The dash side is the same. The wires connect in the bulkhead. Here is a link toa thread with the FSM from 87-90.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/j...39/index2.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.